Monday, May 15, 2006

Films I’ve seen this year (part 2)

I know I've done reviews (such as they are) of some of these already, but this is a continuation of my constantly updated list of films I've seen this year, along with mini reviews. Click here for the first part of the list.

Bleeder (really good, hard-hitting Danish movie)
The Notebook (moving yarn; great performances and direction)
Tesis (disappointing film about snuff)
13 Conversations About One Thing (expected nothing, got nothing)
Dekalog 4 (okay, kinda; full review here)
Everything Is Illuminated (great first half; less good thereafter)
Red Eye (fast frenetic flying fun by horrormeister Wes Craven)
Flightplan (really not very good; full review here)
Must Love Dogs (John Cusack rom-com...; full review here)
Dekalog 5 (so bloody boring; full review here)
Bullet Boy (not bad, as British films go)
Lord of War (good film; full review here)
The Eye (not bad; full review here)
Flight 93 (don't confuse with United 93; a very good 9/11 TV movie)
Four Brothers (terrible; full review here).

You can also find my (mostly non-film) Six Line Reviews in a drop-down menu in my sidebar.

3 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

The best thing about Everything is Illuminated was the Ukrainian guy from Gogol Bordello. And the song over the end credits rocked!

Four Brothers? Four Brothers?!?

15 May, 2006 13:23  
Blogger Camie Vog said...

I was late commenting on the breast cancer post. I put a comment in there, and wanted to make sure you saw it...

15 May, 2006 16:24  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Hey Camie. I always get my comments come through as e-mails anyway, so I know they're there. Sometimes with old posts it can be tough to work out precisely where. Thanks for the heads-up, though.

Good song, Red. Oh, you'll love the Four Brothers review...

15 May, 2006 16:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?