Saturday, March 18, 2006

Films I’ve seen this year (part 1)

(in the order I saw them):

Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams (not as good as the first one!)
Ong Bak (slightly disappointing; I expected more)
Valentin (very good, touching little movie)
Dark Days (amazing documentary)
Closer (okay...)
Le Chiavi di Casa (good in parts)
My Favorite Year (funny)
Ping Pong (interesting subject; a bit slow in parts)
Brokeback Mountain (liked it)
Storytelling (good)
The Twilight Samurai (really good)
Il Bagno Turco (Hamam) (good little movie)
Salò o le 120 Giornate di Sodoma (worth seeing, but no fun)
Ma Mère (forgettable, but interesting in places)
Amores Perros (excellent movie)
Wolf Creek (disappointing and overhyped, but good in places)
Outfoxed (fascinating doc)
Kolya (not what I was expecting, but good)
Dead Man’s Shoes (really good, but slightly disappointing ending)
The Machinist (well disappointing; and derivative)
Finding Neverland (enjoyed it)
Downfall (very good)
The Road to Guantanamo (good)
Homicide (disappointing)
The Descent (disappointing)

Click here for part 2 of the list.

2 Comments:

Blogger me said...

shit man, how do you fit em all in?
maybe if i didn't spend so much time doing this i might be able to watch something.

12 May, 2006 08:45  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Haven't watched much recently, though. This post is dated sometime in March... My work comes and goes in cycles. Although this was also before I discovered blogging, so who knows what'll happen now!

12 May, 2006 10:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?