Thursday, May 03, 2007

Seville and elections and Asda, oh my!


Just when we thought Seville couldn't get any better, they go and build this solar power station. Excellent! If you follow the link, there's a little film in the sidebar of that page where you can see how truly cool this is.

Meanwhile, it is polling day in my small town today. While the Spanish are removing troops from Iraq, permitting gay marriage, and building massive solar power generators, we are focusing here on whether or not the public toilets should remain open. This is a "town" with barely any shops worth coming for. Who the fuck do they think needs the public toilets? Certainly they didn't need the public library that used to be here.

And that cunt who currently runs our country has decided not to launch a full independent enquiry into the 7/7 London bombings because it will undermine faith in the security services. Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the fact that we have no faith in the UK's security services the reason we want an enquiry? Arsehole.

And on the subject of arseholes, Bush of course vetoed the plans for withdrawal of US troops from Iraq. I will hold up my hands here and say that I sort of know where he's coming from as regards not wanting to inform "the enemy" of his troops' withdrawal dates. The problem is, though, that I truly don't see Bush ever pulling out of Iraq. He is in this to win it; and if he can't win it, he'll just stay there pretending he's winning it. Prick.

And on the subject of Bush, I shopped at Asda today. The traffic going towards Sainsbury's was just not worth joining, so we headed the other way for our groceries. Asda has started stocking a whole lot of better stuff than they used to. A couple of years back when I was looking for free-range chicken, I was told that they "had some once, by mistake. Someone had ordered the wrong thing." (That is absolutely true!) Now, though, they actually do stock it! Of course, it's all money in Bush's pocket via his Wal-Mart connection.

Man, it's impossible to know what to do for the best sometimes. I'm pretty sure Sainsbury's gives money to Blair's lot anyway. Maybe I need to find a Spanish supermarket... Anyone know of one in the southeast of England?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

I'm telling you... Spain is the place to be.

Viva Zapatero!

03 May, 2007 12:17  
Blogger Milla said...

There is a big Spanish shop on Portobello Road if you are interested ;-)

I completely agree with you on the 7/7 inquiry, the one that will never happen. That's b.liar covering his pasty arse, that is.

BTW, you haven't mentioned the HIPs which this fucking government will make compulsory from June 1st. A further proof that they are cunts (apologies to all 'holy flowers' for the similie implied).

03 May, 2007 13:41  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Red: Sure looks that way, huh?

Milla: Ooh, interesting. But I'm never down that way. The HIPs thing is ridiculous. They've been talking about this for ages, but I don't see how it's truly workable. Nobosy is going to trust the information gathered by the seller, y'know? Load of ill-conceived nonsense.

03 May, 2007 14:22  
Blogger Karen said...

I haven't been following the 7/7 happenings too closely so I can't comment on that but I think it's high time Blair left office. Oh for the good ole days of Maggie Thatcher, eh?

I didn't realize that Bush had WalMart connections...not surprising though.

My brother had heard a blip on the news yesterday morning about the Mayday riots in Los Angeles but couldn't find any info on it when he went to check it out. I told him that given the current US Administration's stand on immigration he was lucky the American media gave it any coverage. Conspiracy and cover up? I think perhaps. However, CNN was discussing it briefly this morning.

03 May, 2007 15:37  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Thanks for reminding me about voting - it had completely slipped my mind.

Can you imagine the furore if they tried to build a power station like that over here? The Daily Mail and the NIMBYs would go apeshit.

Puss

03 May, 2007 16:09  
Blogger Lee said...

I've been considering Barcelona as one of my top retirement places. Now I'm really into it.

Public toilets and thong underwears. How embarassing.

03 May, 2007 17:32  
Blogger The Anti Crapitalist said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

03 May, 2007 19:21  
Blogger The Anti Crapitalist said...

That power station is awe inspiring, it has to be the shape of the future.

Regarding Mr Blair - he's admitted that he'd rather be earning an estimated £10m in fees than being a backbencher so he's going to give a big french salute to his constituents some time soon.

Maybe then they'll reflect on what a prick they voted in as they'll be sat back in Sedgefield whilst he's ensconced in his wanky new £6m London home creeping even further up the arse of George W Bush and his corrupt cronies.

He could spend the next 40 years doing good work or setting up humanitarian foundations, but he'll never wash off the taint of Iraq. Never. He ain't going to be the next Bill Clinton, much as he believes he is.

03 May, 2007 19:26  
Blogger martinobhoy said...

Hopefully your voting process was a lot simpler than the one I've just went through for the Scottish Parliament and Councils.

03 May, 2007 19:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter whose pocket the proceeds go to, you are always better off with certified humane meat.

Check out: http://www.certifiedhumane.org/

and see where you can buy it locally.

03 May, 2007 21:00  
Blogger Ben said...

Much as I may earn some scorn for saying it, I think Bush is acting in good faith on Iraq at this point.

Whether he's right or not (I'm not particularly interested in arguing that point), he does, I think, legitimately believe that a set, public withdrawal date would produce an outcome worse than anything except possibly immediate withdrawal without warning, and that more than an embarrassment, such action would constitute a betrayal of the Iraqi people.

I just think it's possible to interpret his determination to stay involved in Iraq in terms of other things than ego. I promise, I am not defending the decision to invade, and I am not saying that I think our troops should be in Iraq indefinitely.

I just don't see Bush as quite so corrupt as most people seem to think. Misguided, maybe. Evil, no.

03 May, 2007 21:03  
Blogger Gardenia said...

All the crap will come out some day. We probably already know most of it anyway. Politics. I think Walmart needs some shock and awe - its disintigrating in the ones in Wyoming and here that I've been too - they can't keep the shelves stocked - the employees are grouchy - another ramble - if you look deep enough in the internet, grandpa Bush had ties with the Nazis - business ties of course.

I've been watching the presidential candidate debates here. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

04 May, 2007 01:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wot riots in l.a.? a bunch of illegal aliens pouting bcos thay dun gatta new colour t.v.? no really thay r whinging abot us wanting 2 close our borders 2 m

04 May, 2007 02:18  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

wow. that solar power station is awesome.

i really don't understand why we don't utilize solar power more often.

04 May, 2007 03:23  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

I found the article and photos on the solar power plant incredible.

It is really hard to believe that Blair actually was a more moral and ethical choice than Thatcher ever could have been. But I ams till bitterly disappointed in Blair...how could someone who began so promising and energetic and ethical...change their belie systems like that? It makes me sick. At least Thatcher always was a selfish cunt from the start, no secret...she stayed consisitently a fascist.

I think it;s worse when one becomes a fascist right before your eyes. (like Christopher Hitchens)

05 May, 2007 15:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?