Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Is it Wednesday already?

It's my dad's birthday today. He's 61.

On Monday I had another two and a half hours' work done on my tattoo backpiece. It's looking so motherfucking rad now, man. I really love it. Which is a good thing, cos it would kind of be a problem now if I didn't, wouldn't it?! According to my little black book, that puts the total time spent in the chair so far at 12 hours. And unlike some tattooers, Xam tends to be working the whole of that time, rather than taking phone calls and shooting the shit with passers-by. As a client I really appreciate the difference. He reckons we'll be pretty much done in about another two sessions, or around five hours.

This week's session was the most painful yet. There were times when I was thinking I'd have to stop. I've never experienced that before. But I kept saying to myself, "If I tap out now, it's another six weeks or so until I get back here." That was enough to spur me on and endure the discomfort.

What else...?

Oh yeah, I sent Shea a copy of the short film I made (whisper it) 11 years ago, coupled with a music video from the following year, I think. It'll be interesting to hear what he thinks of them. If I ever get around to it, I might even post them up on here someday.

I've set myself a small film-making challenge for this week, too, so I hope to get that started and finished in the next couple of days.

Italy went out of the European Cup, losing to Spain on penalties. That sucked, but they didn't play so great.

If you've not been over to my movie reviews (such as they are) in recent weeks, there has been some activity there, though I confess to having been a little lax. I'm trying to get on top of that shit, cos I'm watching some good films at the moment.

I'm sure I had some other stuff to write about, but it's gone clean out of my head. Oh well, probably wasn't very important. Not as important as me getting downstairs to deal with the washing up, anyway. So, off I go.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad buddy.

25 June, 2008 15:13  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Yes happy b-day to your dad. My dad turned 66 in March I think.. I dont even remember.. Its funny. Ok. Anyway that sounds very pain ful on the back piece. Now I just remembered why I will never have a tatoo. I hate pain... I am a big baby with it..

25 June, 2008 17:02  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

love the update!
hope your back is feeling better soon. post some pictures soon!

i hope to see some of your film endeavors at some point! i love having so many talented friends :)

25 June, 2008 21:04  
Blogger Milla said...

Your tattoo looks so gorgeous now that all the pain so far has been worth it. It really is an outstanding piece!

Italy played like shit so they deserve to be out.

26 June, 2008 10:49  
Blogger Cynnie said...

god..thats a fucking wound huh?
I bet your a seeping nasty mess..
damn..
I'm thinking of just letting myself go to shit and having all the hangy bits tattoo'd..

instead of cellulite , you'll just see a beautiful 3-d piece of art..

26 June, 2008 12:20  
Blogger The Preacherman said...

Germany there again! How do they do it even when they play shite?

Did you ever review 'This Is England'? Just curious.

26 June, 2008 18:20  
Blogger punxxi said...

Was that because they were doing close to your spine? I noticed that was the part that really hurt on mine. Happy birthday to your dad....omg...I'm almost that ancient myself!

26 June, 2008 21:59  
Blogger The Anti Crapitalist said...

Sounds painful, glad you think its all worth it though!!!

29 June, 2008 17:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birfday for yer dad!

And yeah, I finally watched and blabbed about last night's Doctor bloody Who. It's a bit, er, long...

:)

29 June, 2008 19:17  
Blogger The Preacherman said...

nope. It's Sunday. Just so yer know ;-)

29 June, 2008 20:05  
Blogger Gardenia said...

Something addictive about those needles, yes? So far, I've restrained myself to the one, but admire others....

Also admire you for setting your goals for film making - I've been a total goof off this summer....

01 July, 2008 10:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?