Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A little light relief


About a month ago, Cliff at This Is This tagged me, but I only just realized a couple of days ago cos it happened to coincide with my holiday to Spain for Red's birthday.

Anyway the tag is Six Things Most People Don't Know About Me, and this is a mix of real-life people and blog people I'm talking here.

1. I was a mod. For a couple of hours for a segment of BBC TV's The Clothes Show. (That's me in the picture above.) This was at a time of my life when I used to do a bit of acting and directing. The other highlight was a double-bill fringe production in Covent Garden; half of it I was in, the other half I directed.

2. Obviously anyone who knows me in the flesh knows this: I'm losing my hair. Well, I've been losing my hair since about the time I started growing hair. I guess it comes to us all, and I've just got to live with it. That said, I have considered buying a wig. Not a toupée -- I'd never do that. A proper, full-on, theatrical wig. Long and dark; or short and blond and spiky.

3. I think there are certain things that don't belong in a burger. I'll come back to this in more detail in my next post...

4. Yesterday I made an appointment to get my next tattoo started. I'm psyched. It's with a tattooist I haven't been to before, and it's going to take up most of my right arm, covering up one of my old ones in the process. Red's paying for the first session for my birthday present. Ain't she lovely?

5. Most people don't know I've got a blog, or however many blogs I currently have. It's quite a few now, isn't it? I've told about four people, one of whom is family. As far as I know, none of them has told anyone else, and I'm pretty sure that none of these people ever visits. Not sure why, though.

6. I consider myself to be a romantic. Well, it's Valentine's Day, innit?

It's been a while since I did a tag/meme thing, and I won't tag anyone in particular. If you wanna do it, knock yerself out. Let me know, though, so I can come and take a look.

Labels: , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Tamarai said...

Another tattoo? We, the readers, demand pictures of tattoo once completed.

Nice tag, though...

14 February, 2007 11:09  
Blogger Karen said...

Definately pictures pictures pictures :)

And always remember, bald men can be very sexy.

14 February, 2007 12:26  
Blogger Red said...

I agree with Karen. Look at that guy from Masterchef the other night. Cute, and not much hair on him. I'm not sure I dig the wig...

14 February, 2007 12:58  
Blogger me said...

you were never a mod wearing such a cliched thing! and to boot it looks like it has been fucking ironed! thats like saying you are a footballer cos you have an england kit (most of the present squad take note!)

but cool post as usual!

(on the subject of hair, i once decided to grow mine so as to have it permed a'la brian johnsone (ac/dc), but found it hard to do in a hurry, and it didn't quite go with my real parka [which is now 24 years old!]
but i have a six flat top that stuck six inches out from my forehead!)

14 February, 2007 14:35  
Blogger Red said...

You *are* a romanticone... I love that (among myriad other things) about you!

14 February, 2007 15:04  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

happy v-day, *! you have fun pampering red :) she deserves it!

and normally i'd fill this thing out, but i think i've done so many lately, i have a feeling it's getting old.

14 February, 2007 16:37  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

That was interesting weird how a post seems more mysterious when we are asked to reveal things people don't know about us...

14 February, 2007 18:48  
Blogger ldbug said...

You could have tattoo hair?

14 February, 2007 20:29  
Blogger me said...

can i apologise for what seems like a rant aimed at you personally? wasn't intended like that, just in one of those moods yesterday. i had already been classed as a right wing, goosestepping skinhead already and seemed to vent my spleen here for some reason.

15 February, 2007 10:58  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

T: You betcha!

Karen: And so I am.

Red: Umm, what about him??? Wigs rock!

Cappy: It's not like they were my clothes. I got paid to wear 'em and I got on telly. What more could you ask?

15 February, 2007 15:54  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Red: Romantic me is what I am.

Martha: We had a nice day, despite having to work, thanks.

Candy: That is true, isn't it? Weird!

LDB: I'm not sure that would rock enough.

Cappy: No worries, man!

15 February, 2007 15:56  
Blogger Cynnie said...

Oh get a really bad toupee and wear it a bit lopsided ..wear it like you are god's gift..
It would be HILARIOUS to watch people..

I would do it ..

15 February, 2007 20:16  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Cynnie: That would be quite a laugh, I think! I might be tempted one day...

21 February, 2007 13:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?