Thursday, February 08, 2007

I love these “other buyers” things...


You know, when you look and see what other purchases people have made based on one particular purchase? The idea is, I guess, that it inspires people to make other "similar" purchases.

Well, check out the "recommendations" arising from this Buddy Holly CD on play.com

I'll tell you something now: I think only one person has ordered this CD, and that's me. Why? Because I have also made all those other exact purchases from the same retailer. How weird is that?!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger ldbug said...

So since you're the only one whose made a purchase, you've started a trend! Now everyone (presuming there will the others) will also buy all the same CD's as you...you should form a club;-)

08 February, 2007 18:17  
Blogger Cynnie said...

You're famous !..
Well nearly ..sort of..kinda

08 February, 2007 20:05  
Blogger martinobhoy said...

I only use Play and Amazon to buy relatives presents and I think the last two people I bought for were my dad and my 6 year old nephew.

So I'm hoping that Amazon now has "Customers who recently bought The Story of German Football also bought The Adventures of Winnie The Pooh."

08 February, 2007 20:49  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

eclectic tastes. finest kind.

08 February, 2007 20:56  
Blogger me said...

i agree with all of the above. at least you can say you were the first!

09 February, 2007 10:14  
Blogger Tamarai said...

You know, it looks like you have a point...

09 February, 2007 10:49  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's only slightly weird.

09 February, 2007 12:17  
Blogger Pickled Olives said...

I always wondered about those lists. Yours is reasonable.

09 February, 2007 13:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?