Saturday, December 23, 2006

Book tag

Pickled Olives tagged me.

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, go down to the fifth sentence
3. Post the text of next 3 sentences on your blog
4. Name of the book and the author
5. Tag three people

The book closest to me is If Your Dog Could Talk... A training guide for humans by Bruce Fogle, which I'm using for reference/research.

There are just six real sentences on p.123, so the only one after the first five is: "Less conveniently, some dogs may also do the same with your slippers."

I won't tag anyone, but do it if you want to. Let me know if you do, so I can check you out. Cheers.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha- what an interesting line! I wonder what the previous 5 lines are. Now, I'm going to hasve to get this book to ease my curiosity.
Thanks for playing!

23 December, 2006 14:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i figured i'd just do it here in your comments, so here goes... closest book to me is The Pocket Muse (it's always at arm's length when i'm writing) but it doesn't have page numbers and i'm NOT going to count to 123... so next closest is Birds of America by Lorrie Moore...

"Bill, divorced only once, is here tonight with Debbie, a woman who is too young for him: at least that is what he knows is said, though the next time it is said to his face, Bill shout, "I beg your pardon!" Maybe not shout. Maybe squeak."

Merry Christmas, *!
~m

23 December, 2006 15:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. that line above should say "Bill will shout"

23 December, 2006 15:28  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Olives: A pleasure!

Martha: Thank you. That's an intriguing three sentences... Merry Christmas to you, too, pet.

23 December, 2006 17:09  
Blogger Radmila said...

July's People - Nadine Gordimer

"If they come over here, those what-you-call-it, the people from Soweto they bring them, they eat his mealies, they hungry, kill a cow - what he's going to do? Can't do nothing. Talking, talking..."

24 December, 2006 05:11  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Thanks for playing along, Radmila. Cool sentences.

24 December, 2006 11:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?