Wednesday, August 09, 2006

“Oh lovely tagland, it’s a wonderful brew / A tag for me, and a tag for you”

Pie at Stuplicated has tagged me, so here goes. Be aware that some of this is likely to be rather similar to the list at Red-Letter Day.

10 Years Ago: August 1996
Red and I were hanging out loads and doing lots of things that resulted in lots of lovebites (tee hee). Watching lots of films, too. It must have been around this time that I first saw Scarface and decided it so hadn't been worth the wait. What a stinking pile of poo. Lots of getting-to-know-you stuff. Good times. (They still are, but those first few weeks are crazy, aren't they?)

5 Years Ago: August 2001
Who knows? Probably on a beach in Italy, which is always great. Maybe if we'd know then what we know now, we would have been in New York...

1 Year Ago: 9 August 2005
Again, I just don't know! What does Red say?

5 songs I know all the words to
I know the words to shitloads of songs. To me the point of a song is that it has words. If you like the song enough you should know a good chunk of the words, no? Anyway, I digress...
"Whip in My Valise", Adam & The Ants
"That Makes It Tough", Buddy Holly
"Anarchy in the UK", Sex Pistols
"The Man in the Iron Mask", Billy Bragg
"I Ain't Mad At Cha", 2Pac

5 snacks
Chocolate Digestives and black coffee
Ciauscolo on crusty bread
Boursin cheese on Ritz crackers
Beer
Pitta and hummus

5 things I'd do with $100 million
Buy some wicked property in some great locations
Help out family and friends with their finances
Give to some charities that I respect
Build myself a great little cinema, or buy a lovely Art Deco one
Keep a little for a rainy day

5 places I'd run away to
New York City
Venice
Koh Samui
Some of those cool places that feature on Survivor
Anywhere with Wife

5 things I'd never wear
A toupée
A yarmulke
Dr Scholl shoes
A cock piercing
My heart on my sleeve (yeah, right!)

5 fave TV shows
Seinfeld
Quantum Leap
Oz
Survivor
The Simpsons
(maybe?)

5 greatest joys
Wife
Tattoos
Good music
Good films
Animals

5 fave toys
Blogland
iPod
HD recorder
DVD player
Wife -- well, not a toy, but she is a doll ;-)

5 peeps to tag
Do it if you want.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Mmm... pitta and hummus is a delicious snack; how come I didn't think of it?

09 August, 2006 12:18  
Blogger Tamarai said...

OK - I bit.

I don't think I would have a cock piercing either. Um... not that I have a cock... I mean... you know... "down there"....

09 August, 2006 13:55  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Heh heh very good and very funny.

Oh the personal theatre is such a good idea. I can't believe I didn't think of that one.

Or pita and hummous...and did we all spell it differently?

09 August, 2006 15:10  
Blogger Minerva Jane said...

Yeah, no sharp objects near genitals is a good rule, I think. Curious about the 2pac song tho. :-)

09 August, 2006 15:56  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Red: I just don't know. We eat it plenty.

Pie: True about the songs. I've never really understood the appeal of music without words. Gotta have that cinema!

Tanya: I figured you for a no-cock-having type, funnily enough. Something to do with the name, maybe?!

Candy: Hummus/humus/houmous, whatever. It tastes great all the same, huh?

MJ: Yeah, sharp stuff down there: not for me, that. Curious about the 2Pac, how so?

09 August, 2006 17:24  
Blogger Spangly Princess said...

um, so, without wanting to share too much, there are positives to the whole piercing thing. and it hurts a LOT less than you think it's going to. whereas I've spent the last 3 years trying to pluck up the guts to get a first tattoo.

like the musical mixture

09 August, 2006 20:05  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

I think, Spangly, you're talking about piercing in certain areas, rather than piercing in general, aren't you -- y'know, without wanting to share too much...

I did get my eyebrow done a few years ago, and Wife got her belly button done, but we both had really bad experiences with the healing.

And the last place one wants to be scarred and broken is... well, y'know...

Tattoos I can do with my eyes shut, though. Three or four hours at a time, piece of piss!

09 August, 2006 20:14  
Blogger Spangly Princess said...

nah, the healing was fine actually. and pretty quick. obviously you have to keep it clean, but you should hopefully be keeping your genitals clean anyway! And certainly women's genitals are designed to heal quickly anyway (in a post-childbirth contect etc). no sex for a fortnight, occasional salt-water baths, that's about it really.

My belly-button went manky, and so did my nose (since taken out, it doesn't really fit with being an Oxford tutor, alas) but never had any problems with the other.

11 August, 2006 15:35  
Blogger apositivepessimist said...

heyyy welcome back!

ouff hummus...yum.

heh yes never ever resort to a frigging toupee. ridiculous. nearly as bad as a comb over. funny tho.

12 August, 2006 00:38  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Spangly: Thanks. That's interesting. Still can't say I'm going to do it! With my eyebrow and Wife's belly button we told perhaps you're not cleaning it often enough (although we were), and then another time perhaps we were cleaning it too much!

APP: Thanks for the welcome back. Toupé = bad!

13 August, 2006 09:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?