Wednesday, May 24, 2006

More s-tag-gering facts

Well, I've been tagged again already - this time by A.C.T., returning the "favour", no doubt. And I, in turn, tag... Ranting Dullard, FourDinners, and The Wanted Man. (You don't have to do the "plus side" bits; I just threw them in to make each one look longer. Nowt wrong with a bit of extra length, I always say.)

Ten things that annoy me about my workplace/colleagues. Difficult this one, but here goes.

1. I work from home, so if there's work to be done, it's hard to ignore it. This can lead to late nights and early mornings. (Plus side: When it's quiet I can just do nothing!)

2. I work with Wife, so far too often we have off-the-clock conversations about work. (Plus side: We get to spend all day together most of the time. Awww.)

3. Some of my clients are totally unrealistic in their expectations, be it regarding schedules or fees. (Plus side: Some are not.)

4. Working at a computer all day can be hard on the eyes. (Plus side: Working at a computer all day means you are never too far away from blogging time.)

5. Some of the work I do bores me to tears. (Plus side: Most of it doesn't.)

6. Several clients are very very very slow payers. We are still waiting for payment for some work that we did more than three months ago. (Plus side: Some are very good and pay within just three weeks or so.)

7. Most of the time I feel undervalued by my clients. (Plus side: Occasionally I don't.)

8. Sometimes either Wife or I have to go and work "in-house" at an office. This necessitates the use of public transport and all the germs in the air coming from sneezy, sniffy, sickly English folk. (Plus side: Mostly we don't have to leave the house. Howard Hughes here I come...!)

9. We don't like to turn down work, money-hungry whores that we are. (By the way, we're not actual whores.) This can add to stress levels and the likelihood of long days. (Plus side: Mo' money.)

10. We almost never get time off to go on holiday. We look back fondly on those days when we were employees and the two-week holidays that that afforded us. In fact, no: we look back fondly on those holidays, not so much the working days that led to them. (Plus side: Look at all the money you save by not having a holiday! Yeah, I know, not much of a plus side, since holidays fucking rule.)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was quick. It took me an hour to write mine, I'm such a slow writer.
I'd love to work from home. I always dream about being a famous novelist and doing some writing for 3 hours in the morning and having the rest of the day off hurrah!

24 May, 2006 13:04  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Love it what a great attitude! Love the germaphobic bits too, what a rock star!

24 May, 2006 15:54  
Blogger a.c.t. said...

Huh. That anonymous comment was from me. I'm sure it said my name after I wrote it - weird.

24 May, 2006 17:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

germs all over keyboard 2

24 May, 2006 19:17  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Thanks CM.

ACT: figured it was you!

DP: Don't even go there, dude!

24 May, 2006 19:30  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

oh bum. Just posted so next'n'll be this. Gimme chance t'think on it anyroad...

24 May, 2006 21:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?