Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Between work and a hard place

With work being mad at the moment and us being in the process of selling one house and buying another, as well as processing/dealing with my mum's illness, it's a fucking crazy time right now.

No more so, necessarily, than millions of people go through every day, so I'm not getting all "woe is me" on anyone, y'know. If anyone should be woeful right now, it should probably be my mum more than me.

But she's pretty upbeat. Inappropriately upbeat? Maybe. In denial? Maybe. Who can say? And who am I to deny her that?

She's heading off for her first dose of radiotherapy today (not yesterday as we had thought previously). She's probably getting it pretty much as I type this, actually.

She texts family and friends every morning, letting us know how she slept and how she's feeling. This is the text she sent out this morning:

"Well this is it then, the next 5 [days] will decide my future but i know it will be alright and I will come bouncing back feeling better and fitter than I have for months xx"

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Milla said...

*Aste, after reading your mum's text I felt my eyes all watery.
She might be 'inappropriately upbeat' but she is becoming an inspiration.
I really think I should stop moaning about my stupid things and live as much as I can the best I can.

24 August, 2010 13:33  
Anonymous Lee said...

*sigh*

- sending warm thoughts.

WV - testi

25 August, 2010 18:29  
Blogger punxxi said...

a positive attitude does a lot of good, and who knows? denial or not why not keep her happy and upbeat as long as she can be?
Thinking many, many positive thoughts to you all.

25 August, 2010 23:43  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

what an encouraging post, * :) thanks for that. i'll be praying for your mum. she sounds like a very brave, amazing woman. keep us updated.

(and i just want to add... my word verification for this post is "mates"... awww)

27 August, 2010 15:39  
Blogger Cynnie said...

how is your moms husband taking all this ?

btw veri word butchole ...hahaha! ..god..im simple

01 September, 2010 05:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?