Monday, August 11, 2008

Blurg

It's been a week since my last post. I don't know what to write really. I'm feeling a bit blurg. Not ill; just blurg.

Went to the tattooist last Tuesday for my penultimate sitting on my backpiece. Loving how it's looking and can't wait for it to be done. Not cos I'm bored of it, but because I just want it to be complete and awesome. And then I can start thinking of my next pieces. Well, of course I already am thinking of my next pieces, and I have at least three ideas loosely sketched out in my head, maybe four.

Yesterday, the missus and I went for our regular constitutional at Whitstable beach. As ever, it was lovely, and a nice day for it. Rather too nice in fact, since I burned the fuck out of my neck. Then we went to see the movie Mamma Mia! I really don't know what we were thinking. Truly, truly awful. But I knew it would be, despite the rather glowing review it received in Sight & Sound. I almost feel like writing that revered journal of cinema a letter of complaint for misrepresentation.

What else? Meh, nothing really. Still v busy with work, hence my continued absence from both here and from your blogs. Sorry guys. I will get back on track soon, I promise. And I'm not even crossing my fingers.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i understand the whole "blurg" feeling, thats why i had some time off, left 'blogger', and came up with something different! it's flowing out of me now. (insert your own puns).
i still can't believe you went after reading just one review!
every one i've read, has basically said that the only redeeming feature of the whole flim are the songs. undoubtably abba were perveyors of catchy tunes....but did you really expect the same level of singing talent from the likes of julie walters and pierce brosnan?
wifey asked me to go...i still haven't stopped laughing.
(have you ever seen "our house", the musical based on madness songs? thats not too bad)

12 August, 2008 15:28  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Ouch for the sunburn. And gee, penultimate is a big word. I think it's a funny word because so many people use it as meaning "final". Penultimate tatoo. Good name for blog ha.

Why on earth did you go dsee Mamma Mia? Even though we haven't met in person, I have a fairly good feel for what you will be open minded to and what you won't...what is your taste and what isn't. I would have said...DON"T GO!!!!!

Of course, I am probably going to love it...no you'd likely not get me to the musical...but the movie with stars and comedy...I totally want to see it.

You are NOT the designated audience for that movie...why don't reviewers write things like that warning their readers?

We don't all have to like the same movies and music...and it doesn't have any bearing on their quaility. I think reviewers have lost their minds giving away plots and then writing a open ended review that would trick the wrong audience to a movie!

Sheesh!

12 August, 2008 16:47  
Blogger Milla said...

Thank you for the picture of the backpiece tattoo, it is WONDERFUL!
Oh I am tired too, like you, but so glad I never even contemplated going to see Mamma Mia. No no no.

The film came out in Sweden the week-end we were there; you know Abba are Swedish right? The queues at the cinemas in Gothenburg were miles long! Miles, I tell you!

13 August, 2008 12:40  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

I hate sunburns. But it will pass soon. You know we should have done that when we rented 10,000 BC. Dont worry about visiting when you are busy working. I know exactly how that one works.. Esp lately.

13 August, 2008 19:52  
Blogger punxxi said...

put white vinegar and water on (50-50 mix ) your snburn, it won't hurt after that !

13 August, 2008 20:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i have a pictorial update?
please?

14 August, 2008 11:19  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

can't wait to see pics of the completed tattoo! it's going to be so awesome... already is, come to think of it.

and yes... mamma mia! was pretty awful. it was a good time with the girls. but pierce brosnan's voice alone was enough to make me cringe in retrospect.

as you might have noticed, i've been the lousiest blogger ever, lately. hopefully i'll be back soon. but i'm sort of waiting for this kind of big thing in my life to get sorted out before i risk allowing my words and thoughts flow for the world to see.

hope you're back at it soon :)

14 August, 2008 17:34  
Blogger punxxi said...

oooh tattoo pics! can I see them?
punxzillaz@aol.com

15 August, 2008 23:18  
Blogger punxxi said...

oops, PLEASE =o)

15 August, 2008 23:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?