Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Oops, it’s Wednesday again already...

So that's a whole week passing by without a whole lot to say. I dunno. Blog lethargy has set in for a whole bunch of people, I guess, including me.

It's not that I've totally done nothing, but it's fair to say I've done nothing much (though we did meet up with some new peeps on the weekend; see here for deets). I didn't even get started on that short video project I mentioned last time. I intend to, though. Maybe today. But first I have to go shopping for a new car. Yeah... bummer.

Yesterday, Red and I looked out the window and saw it was a glorious day, so we decided not to work. That's the raddest thing about working from home. If it's a quiet week and the weather is nice, you can just skip work. We headed out to the seaside -- Broadstairs, to be precise.

We wandered the lovely streets, set foot on the sand briefly, wandered some more, went and ate a pizza at a nice little Italian restaurant, wandered some more, went and had tea and cake at a delightful little café, wandered some more, and then headed back home, stopping off for a sit down on the beach at Whitstable en route.


Once there, we plonked ourselves down, kicked off our shoes, and just sat in a shady spot watching the sea retreating from the shore. Just chillaxing, y'know?

By the time we got back home it was just after 6pm, and we found a card saying that the postman had been unable to deliver a package cos it was too big for our slot. Red said she had an idea that it might be from Captain Karen...

The rest of the early evening passed uneventfully, until the music and singing next door alerted us to a birthday in the house. Fuck. And on it went until after 1am. Tossers.

Anyways... At 8:15 this morning I headed down to the sorting office to collect the parcel, and it was from Karen!

I rushed back home, the missus grabbed the scissors, and we cut our way into our box o' goodies. And what goodies they were! Maple Leaf cream-filled cookies, saskatoon jam (look out breakfast time!), and a book called How to Be a Canadian, which may be pretty timely since we heard Canada is looking for emigrants and we might just look into that...


Thank you, lovely Captain for your lovely gifts. As ever, they are much appreciated and will be put to good use, of that you can be sure!

Well, that's all the news that's fit to print for another day, so catch you on the flipside, guys 'n' gals.

Labels: , , , , , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

We also got the notepad that's currently sitting on the fridge, don't forget! Thanks, Captain K!

Yesterday was a lovely day. I felt like I was on holiday, and there is no better feeling...

02 July, 2008 12:46  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Ah yes, I'd forgotten you'd snaffled that away before I could take the picture! Most useful, too, since our old one was on its last legs.

02 July, 2008 12:50  
Blogger furiousBall said...

i need to cancel work for the day sometime soon and put my toes in some pebbles too

02 July, 2008 14:30  
Blogger Karen said...

Now I wonder whose toes have the polish on them? Hmmm. So glad you enjoyed the parcel! I wonder what it would be like to dip the cookies in the jam???? Probably icky but it's a thought. And the jam was "homemade" by one of the vendors at the local farmers market so everything was fresh. Not sure how long it will last once opened (no preservatives like store bought). Guess you'll have to have some on top of Shea's pancakes.

02 July, 2008 14:54  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Lovely walk guys. Sounds like what the girls and I did yesterday except for we didnt walk anywhere. We went out though. Photo's are up if interested in seeing them sweet blondies..

02 July, 2008 17:06  
Blogger mister anchovy said...

Har! How to be a Canadian indeed...

02 July, 2008 20:30  
Blogger punxxi said...

i'm off everyday, which is nice,IF the sun shines(grumblegrumble).
I'm looking for a new car, also..back to a sporty 2 seater if possible.

02 July, 2008 21:40  
Blogger Gardenia said...

Oh, what nice treats in your box. That's a great picture of the feets - like it a lot. I went through a dry spell on blogging - sometimes feel like I don't say anything when I do, but also figure it's my daily journal as well, nothing brilliant for me, but I sure enjoy it. I think we do all hit dry spells - will say yours doesn't seem dry.....I haven't had as much excitement for a long time as I had just picturing the cat shagging escapades.

03 July, 2008 02:02  
Blogger Shep said...

LOVE Broadstairs!

Used to have the family holiday there every year, in St. Cuby - a house on the cliffs that John Buchan wrote the 39 Steps in. The steps are just past the house, and go down to the beach...

03 July, 2008 06:11  
Blogger Milla said...

I think the picture of the feet is quite romantic! And you both have lovely feet, not too big or too small. Nice!

03 July, 2008 20:21  
Blogger Say It said...

what a great day! We could all use a Captain Karen and a pebbley beach!

04 July, 2008 16:41  
Blogger Byron said...

Oh man, we'd hate to lose our new pals to another country, but let us know how to be a Canadian and we might consider moving overseas too ;-) What happened to the car?
Have a nice weekend both of yous, and ciao from non-blogging BT.

04 July, 2008 17:02  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

What a great way to spend a working day. We've also been to the beach...we have to in this weather. I love building a picnic.

Taking time off blogging is good...look at Red, she's posting more in the past month than she had in ages! I am gearing up for a return ha. The parcel from Canada looks like fun!

In a recent poll the top five identifiers for Canadians are

maple leaf
beaver
hockey
Canadarm
the queen

And Mike Myers recently said the national motto of Canada is "sorry" (siad stretched out slow with nasal pitch)

06 July, 2008 14:54  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Perrrrrrfect...
What a wonderful wonderful giift... But to add to da' C'd'n t'eme
The cover missing essentials... Beaver, Moose, and Beer... All stereo typical things Canadian...
And Stompin' Tom Connors is nowhere to be seen...
Ya, gotta goggle Stompin Tom and play The Good Ole Hockey Game....
I know, I know, we Canadians have exported Martin Short, Dan Akroyd(Really where would the world be without Dr. Detroit???)The Kid's In The Hall, Bloody Shania Twain, and Celine Dion,( Canadian's apologize daily for her....) not to mention Leonard Cohan, Margaret Atwood, Alice Munro, Oscar Peterson and KD LAng... But the one who stayed... was Stompin Tom Connors...
And a National Anthem for Canadians as such could also be Stan Rogers Northwest Passage... To hear that song you can practically taste the North and how brutal it can be...

06 July, 2008 15:11  
Blogger Biddie said...

Are you seriously looking into Canada as a new home?
How exciting! I live very close to where the annual maple syrup festival is held. If you like the cookies, you will love the real thing!
Of course, then there is Nova Scotia. So beautiful, with the sounds and smells of the ocean. Whale watching, Puffins and lighthouses galore...
You sould at least stop by for a visit :)

07 July, 2008 19:48  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

p.s.

Looks like I can't take a superlong break from blogging.

If I don't blog the terorists win. Check out new comment on my blog when you have time, you'll laugh your ass off.

07 July, 2008 20:14  
Blogger Milla said...

Tomorrow it is Wednesday again so it's time for a new post, damnit!

08 July, 2008 13:47  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

No now its Thursday... I know you are more than likely working. Enjoy your work. And free time when you get it.

10 July, 2008 13:39  
Blogger Milla said...

It's almost Wednesday 2 weeks later and I hope you are having fun down the road from me, across Waterloo Bridge...

15 July, 2008 22:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?