Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Post #795, wherein I make promises that I probably can’t keep regarding how soon I’ll hit my 800th post

Dudes -- I've been a slacker. Sorry and all that, but this week has turned into total fucking mayhem on the work front.

I really wanted to do some posts about Seville. And I will. But I had intended to chop together some video footage first, and that shit takes time. Time I don't have right now.

You wanna know how short of time I am? My tattooist called to say that I could have three hours on Friday cos someone had cancelled an appointment, but I had to turn it down cos I'm too damn busy. Believe, when I'm too busy to go and get tattooed, it means I'm FUCKING busy.

And it's some bad work that's keeping me busy. Proofreading is my least favourite of the strings to my bow. It's the being rooted to the spot for so long, so deep in concentration, keeping track of all the editorial style choices. And it pays the least well of the jobs we do, too. That said, this one is a good rate because it's a short-notice, 11th-hour kinda gig.

So, as alluded in the title, I promise to be back soon with some Seville stories before they all seem too late to write about. And some video clips. In the meantime, the missus is writing about it. But if you're really jonesing for a piece of my own words, don't forget you can always go check out my movie reviews (such as they are).

And anyway, my 800th post seems so damn insignificant now in light of Candy Minx's 1,000th. Not to mention furiousBall's 2,000th of a couple of weeks back. Pah! I'll try to get it done by Monday, though...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

at least 1900 of those posts are fart jokes i swear

15 April, 2008 19:15  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Busy but getting paid is more important than post numbers. Actually, I find the latter a little intimidating - I just hit my 500th and thought, 'Blimey, I've been doing this for AGES.'

Puss

16 April, 2008 11:23  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Being busy is hard sometimes but that is what keeps us sane sometimes. Or at least it does me.. Take care and come back when you arent so darn busy.

16 April, 2008 17:14  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Yikes you are swamped, isn't life strange with its ebbs and flows. I am anxious to see video. Don't worry about post counts...my 1,000th was underwhelming to say the least ha!

How are your feet from the Converse? I commented at Red's that my PF Flyers are similar and deadly for breaking in enough to walk in...but I suggest a padded show liner...makes them totally comfy for long walks.

http://www.pfflyers.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PF_Flyers

17 April, 2008 15:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?