Friday, March 14, 2008

Pop quiz winner

The person who was closest in my quiz, and pretty damn close at that, was Karen. She was correct that it was Edward Elgar, and she was also correct to say Hereford.

If I wanted to be nitpicky, I'd say it wasn't in the countryside; rather, it is almost the centre of the city, since the statue is in the grounds of the wonderful cathedral there. Well done, Karen. What do you win? Just the pride of knowing you're a winner. Isn't that enough?!

(But she knew he had a bicycle... I've got a feeling she had some inside information from somewhere!)

5 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

aren't we all winners though?

14 March, 2008 11:48  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

F/ball: Yes, of course. How could I forget?!

14 March, 2008 12:07  
Blogger Karen said...

Inside information? Well, I was pretty sure I had seen a certain someone snuggling up to Mr. Elgar before. Plus I received a secret note from the little pirate's parrot messenger...

Sheesh, I thought I was going to be treated to a lifetime supply of Strongbow. Guess I should have waited to make room in the fridge.

14 March, 2008 12:47  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Congrats Karen. i am going to B&N tomorrow for my new book.

14 March, 2008 15:43  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Wasn't he lead singer with The Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band?

15 March, 2008 17:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?