Friday, September 21, 2007

Intermission 2: Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated?

Ah, Johnny Rotten's famous words at the end of the last ever Sex Pistols concert in January 1978, if memory serves...

But they're coming back yet again, playing to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the album Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols. A classic album if ever there was one.

Now I love the Pistols, but I'm not going to see them. I prefer to remember them as spotty, angry, arguably misguided teenagers, rather than the more-than-middle-aged comeback queens they've become.

Still, at least they're charging a reasonable amount for their tickets for the gig at Brixton Academy, which went on sale this morning at about £30 and have already sold out for all three nights. Not like those dinosaur cunts Led Zeppelin. What are they charging? £150 a ticket! To watch people even older than the Sex Pistols playing dodgy old prog rock. Wankers.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

You'd have to give me £150 to go and see Robert Plant and his mates. And even then, I might just pocket the money and go and see Taste of Chaos instead...

21 September, 2007 10:08  
Blogger Milla said...

Oh I saw the six spistols when they reformed in 1996 and they were fucking boring man! SO BORING!!!!!

I will never forgive you for calling Led Zeppelin 'cunts'. NEVER.

21 September, 2007 13:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love loved the Sex Pistols back in the day. Repeat, back in the day. Not sure I'd be up for seeing geriatric anarchists. Somehow, it seems wrong. Kinda like the athiests bible. Retarded.

21 September, 2007 14:53  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Red: Tell me about it! That Robert fucking Plant.

Milla: Mai, hai detto, vero? Vediamo...

RefPo: I mean, what is it they say: "You can't go back." You just can't, man. Leave the past alone!

21 September, 2007 15:28  
Blogger Red said...

Do you know Robert Plant?

21 September, 2007 15:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw PiL in DC in the 90s. Lydon pulled tampons out of his ass and threw them to the crowd, who, much to my horror, fought over them.

It was a lot, I tell you.

21 September, 2007 17:03  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

wow, *... tell us how you really feel ;)

and i have to admit, i like a little zeppelin now and again. i'd never pay that much to see them. but i'd never pay that much to see anyone, really.

21 September, 2007 19:52  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Red: He he, that Odysseus, huh?

Franki: That's, um, attractive, right?

Martha: You know me: keeping it real, right? No lover of the Zep. Music for old people, I figure. Jeez, they were already dinosaurs when I was, like, 10.

21 September, 2007 22:52  
Blogger Milla said...

Si', ho detto MAI. Mai!

22 September, 2007 09:23  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

I wouldn't go see either of them. I hate these middle-aged hypocrites.

Puss

22 September, 2007 20:57  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Milla: Okay, glad we cleared that up.

G/puss: Me neither, but if I had to see one, it'd be the ones who were younger, cheaper, and made better music. No-brainer, right?

24 September, 2007 10:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?