Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wednesday miscellany

Some weeks it feels as though there really is no time to do anything but work and eat. Last night I left my desk at 7:40pm and headed down to the kitchen to start cooking. Half an hour later, Red joined me. One of the things she asked me, within about ten minutes, was whether I wanted her to help me that evening with A.N. Other work project that is sitting on the dining-room table. While the work has to be done, I hadn't even eaten yet and had only just finished a long day's work. It can be kinda depressing like that at times. (It doesn't help that this particular job came to me unannounced and unexpected as the final part of a job I finished six weeks ago, and of course they want it yesterday. I feel pissed off at them and not inclined to bust my balls doing it in the evening.)

Here's something I learned today: After making a bacon sandwich, wash your hands before going for a pee. Otherwise you might smell like you've been fucking Miss Piggy. I tried that lame gag out on the wife first. She was unimpressed. I suspect everyone else will be too.

I gotta give props to my man Shea over at Shea of the Dead. Some of my readers here will know that Shea makes films. I don't know the full ins and outs of the role he plays in the film-making process, but he impressed me yesterday with a two-minute showreel of some of the best bits of his output. You can see it here. Inspirational stuff, for sure. I believe you can even buy copies of his work, proceeds of which help towards keeping the movie-making machine in motion. (Don't you just love alliteration?)

What else? Well, you'll be pleased (no doubt) to hear that the wife and I made up after Monday morning's disruption to normal service. As far as I'm aware, all is now hunky-dory. Huzzah! (By the way, has anyone in real life EVER had make-up sex?)


This week is Jamboree week in the wife's Italian home town. Traditionally we head to her seaside childhood home every summer, and occasionally we catch a bit of the Jamboree, which is a 1950s-themed week of fun and entertainment. It's been running for just three or four years, I think, and people come from all over Europe to celebrate the '50s. It's really quite odd that this town was chosen -- maybe the organizers live thereabouts. And this year they have excelled themselves: not only is The Killer himself, Jerry Lee Lewis, playing there, but international burlesque superstar Dita Von Teese (above) is also performing. That's all happening this coming Friday and Saturday. It's a shame to miss it, but we have bigger fish to fry this summer.

Well, time's a-wastin', and I gotta get on and do some work. Hope you all have a rockin' Wednesday.

Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Forget Dita, I wanted to go and see the Doofus! :(

22 August, 2007 10:07  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Red: Well, in the scheme of things Dita and Jerry were not top of my list of things to do either. Chances are, furthermore, that both would have been sold out. But it's cool to be there when there's such a buzz (as long as you don't have to drive anywhere). Plus, I bet the Doof is missing us, too. Poveretto!

22 August, 2007 10:11  
Blogger Red said...

His restaurant will be going bust without our custom! Poveretto! (again)

22 August, 2007 10:12  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

That is one of my favourite Dita pics. Thanks for reminding me what I have tickets to see but will not see. Ha! I need to find other fish to fry, too.

Puss

22 August, 2007 11:15  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Red: I dare say!

G/puss: It's a good pic. Great puppies. I mean puppy. I put this up before coming to yours, but was sorry you won't get to see her after all.

22 August, 2007 12:56  
Blogger Milla said...

Yes, if I had a big argument with Dita, I would try and have make-up sex with her.
I suspect I ain't the only one.

22 August, 2007 13:22  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

glad you and red made up. i'm sure you guys are counting down anxiously to your big anniversary trip.

and wow... that jamboree week sounds so much fun!

22 August, 2007 17:32  
Blogger Sheamus the... said...

thanks for the props my brotha...
mmmmmmm miss piggy.

22 August, 2007 18:41  
Blogger Avid Andy said...

i feel dirty even typing the word burlesque. although i've always been a sucker for a girl wearing only her underwear and ballet slippers, eating cherries on a bed with a dog. gets me every time...

23 August, 2007 00:10  
Blogger Shep said...

I think even just...arguing with Dita would be satisfying enough...

Hmmm...

23 August, 2007 06:54  
Blogger Cynnie said...

Dita would kick all ya'll asses.!.

glad you begged the wife's forgiveness..

good boy.

23 August, 2007 13:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make up sex? Yes. In younger angrier days. (TMI? You asked)

The festival sound amazingly fun. And the cherries in the picture are a funny touch.

23 August, 2007 16:00  
Blogger lightupvirginmary said...

make up sex is a myth! I'm not having any and I have loads of rows! :-)

23 August, 2007 20:18  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

The missus reminded me, of course, that Marilyn Manson's "boys" have been there... Takes all the mystique out, doesn't it? What was she thinking?!

24 August, 2007 13:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?