Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sunday fun, part 1

12 midnight Sunday night going into Monday morning
I wake covered in sweat, feeling for all the world that I need to throw up or take a dump. I jump out of bed, groaning loudly at the inevitability of the situation, and start to head for the stairs down to the bathroom. All the while I am aware that (a) I can hardly walk straight and (b) Wife is calling out, asking if I'm okay. At the last three steps I stumble, virtually falling the rest of the way. I crash into the kitchen and make my way through most of its length. I drop.

Next thing I know it's a couple of minutes later. I wake, wondering where I am. I'm in the bathroom now, lying on my side on the floor. I kneel over the toilet and let rip. I'm also now aware that Wife is on the phone trying to get an ambulance. She sounds very stressed. I had been unresponsive to her attempts to revive me from my blackout. My teeth had been clenched fast, and my body as stiff as a board. She is advised over the phone not to give me anything to drink and to come and check I'm breathing. By now she has heard me throwing up, so she knows I'm awake, but she comes to check I'm okay anyway, then returns to the phone.

She is told to leave the curtains open and the lights on inside so the paramedics know for sure which house to visit. Then she comes back to me for a couple of minutes while we wait. It seems like forever. I can hardly talk, I'm slurring badly, and I can barely lift my arms, legs, or head. Everything seems so difficult. Still, I have enough presence of mind to ask for some trousers.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF?!?!?! What happens from there? you have trousers, what was it? Are you okay? What happened. Crap Asterisk, you can't leave a blogger hanging like this. I hope you are alright.

31 July, 2007 12:53  
Blogger Karen said...

Well you must be feeling better as you're able to blog. I'm guessing this has something to do with oysters....? Hmmm? There's a reason I don't like seafood and it's not just the taste.

You should have left the trousers off, you may have received treatment faster :)

31 July, 2007 13:00  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

I guess you weren't kidding when you said in your last post who needs reminding of our mortality.

I hope you're feeling better it sounds awful...for you and poor Red!!!

The paramedics should have reminded you to unlock your front door...sometimes they break it down...

Sounds like a poison plant, or seizure this is very disturbing. I guess Karen is right you must be feeling much better to make a post and having fun leaving us hanging...

yikes!

31 July, 2007 14:26  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Jesus! How terribly scary. I hope you are ok...

Puss

31 July, 2007 14:33  
Blogger Red said...

Candy, in fact they *did* say to leave the door open, but I wanted to be with *A in the bathroom and didn't feel so good about leaving the door open and unattended. I won't say anymore, or I'll spoil *A's plans for the next cliffhanger!

31 July, 2007 14:57  
Blogger Biddie said...

Well, I guess that you must be feeling somewhat better, since you are blogging...unless, you're doing so from the hospital.
WTF?
Don't leave us hanging.....

31 July, 2007 15:43  
Blogger Milla said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh you poor creature.
I know exactly what it feels like. I had the same, a couple of times. And the second time it happened I went down on the tiles of the bathroom like a sack of potato, face forward, and smashed meself. And Zorrino was just like Red, worried and frantic.

I'm glad you are feeling better :)

31 July, 2007 16:10  
Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Jesus. Food poisoning? Seizure?

I await the next installment with impatience!

31 July, 2007 16:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?