Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Top Three Hot Blondes

Well, I did better than I might have anticipated in coming up with blondes eligible for my top three hot (living) blondes, and I actually came up with a long-ish list. That said, I did decide to include anyone who has ever had blonde hair. Well, not quite, but almost...

Many good suggestions were thrown at me by Wife, my readers, the postman, Cat, corpses of birds in the garden, et al, but ultimately I wanted to go with women whose work I know a bit, so it's not just about hot looks. Of course, sometimes what I "know" about a woman might purely be a fictional character thing from a film or TV show. Confusing reality with fiction, me? Surely not.

Anyways, after some to-ing and fro-ing, here, in reverse order, are my picks.

In third place:


She came late to the list, and despite clearly having those great Latin looks, Jennifer Esposito is almost always blonde-ish, or at least blonde enough to make my list. But also non-blonde enough to make a non-blondes list, too. Win-win. She was great in Summer of Sam, ... brief in Made, ... almost forgettable in Crash (but who wasn't?) ... and ... ah... Well, it's my bloody list, so do I need a reason?!

In second place:


Every nice guy loves a tragic case, some sad-faced, doe-eyed little kitten who needs you to make everything better for her. For that position, I chose Kathryn Morris from TV's Cold Case. Ice cold, but on the verge of melting.

And at NUMBER ONE:


She was almost displaced at the 11th hour, but I always had a sneaking suspicion that #1 would be Emily Procter from CSI: Miami. What does Emily have that the others don't? Well, she plays poker -- that's a plus. She loves guns (well, certainly her CSI character does). She's very intelligent (or at least she was in The West Wing). And I do like that accent... 'Nuff said? Methinks yes (or I might get into trouble).

Speaking of trouble, here's Emily reclining in a pair of those expensive designer shoes that Red likes. (One day I'll buy you a pair, sweetie! x)

Labels: , , , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Hmmm... not sure those are genuine Christian Louboutins. The sole looks brown-ish rather than red, you see?

You like Lily, eh Well that works out well, 'cause I like Pino.

18 July, 2007 18:56  
Blogger Milla said...

Hm, I think Red is right, they are not Louboutin's, at least not from the last 2 collections. Poor imitations perhaps?

I love CL shoes, so impossible to wear! Not that I would ever be able to afford such trampoli, let alone wear them.

Anyway, we were discussing blonds: I like these three, they are not the usual ones you see around. And numero1 is not even THAT young, but she is hottttttttt

18 July, 2007 19:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But where do people like this live???

Where I live, I often think to myself.'we gave up on eugenics too soon'.

They're all fat dwarves in my town.

18 July, 2007 22:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting blondes. refreshing too. You chose ones with character and personality. Or at least their characters on TV have that.

18 July, 2007 23:07  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm quite surprised by your choices *A. I would have thought that a film connoisseur such as yourself would have gone with a wider range of blondes. They all look pretty similar to me. What about classic hot blondes like Veronica Lake? Or classic pinup girl Betty Grable? Or if you're more interested in a voluptuous blonde babe, who can resist Mimi Van Doren????

Although I don't agree with your picks necessarily, you've inspired me. Come aboard!

19 July, 2007 00:58  
Blogger Karen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

19 July, 2007 02:44  
Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

I have recently become a fan of Cold Case. Kathryn is alarmingly pale, though! I wonder if she's in good health?

19 July, 2007 05:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i could like those shoes...well not on me but...you get the idea

19 July, 2007 08:09  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

I'll concede the first choice - she was awesome in S.O.S. and pretty cute in Welcome to Colingwood, too. But the others, well, they leave me cold.

Puss

19 July, 2007 10:24  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Red: I wouldn't know, being a bloke and all... Yeah yeah, Pino Schmino.

Milla: Glad you approve of the choices! And yeah, it struck me too that I didn't go for 20-yr-olds.

RD: In Hollywood and the like. Not in our neighbourhoods, at any rate. Fuck me, you should see the cunts round here, male and female... Enough to give you nightmares.

19 July, 2007 12:05  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

RefPo: Obviously it was kind of a looks-based notion, but yes I wanted to go by character too. And I think I picked some cool peeps.

Karen: I went with the living, y'know!

Coyote: She sure is pale! Sometimes I swear you can see right through her!

19 July, 2007 12:07  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Kelly: Is it the shoes or the legs, though...?

G/puss: I'd forgotten Jennifer was in Collingwood. Virtually forgotten that movie too. It's a shame she does a lot of dross, it seems.

19 July, 2007 12:09  
Blogger Tamarai said...

OOOH! Goody! (claps hands joyfully) I am so pleased that my woman Emily made it onto the top blondes list!

19 July, 2007 16:23  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

I think your choice is awesome...a thinking mans blonde!

She is exceptionally beautiful, with her constant bedroom eyes, even when alert.

I loved her in West Wing.

Also love love Jennifer Espisito...she has had a couple roles in Law and Order and was very good. She is a good actor...and she is super sexy...I hope she gets an oscar potential role. I'd love to see her ina film noir with a twist too.


Love the show Cold Case...don't know waht to say about the star...that is a very good photo though. I think she has a strange looking head that people try to compensate with in her hair....but it seems impossible.

19 July, 2007 16:30  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Tanya: She was always up there, baby. I was surprised only that you were the only one to mention her!

Candy: Thank you! She was great in The West Wing, wasn't she? I was disappointed when she left, but then along came CSI: Miami! That's funny about Kathryn's head shape!

19 July, 2007 16:37  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

nice list... i like emily proctor. love CSI... and she was always my favorite character.

and even though you totally made fun of me by insinuating shea is too old to read books i suggested (p.s. i'm OLDER than shea and i love the books)... we can still be friends.

:)

19 July, 2007 16:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 kinda looks liek a blonde cher

19 July, 2007 19:38  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Now there is a very nice blond a couple of doors down but she's only about 15 so I won't go there.

I definitely won't. Caz knows all about John Wayne Bobbitt

20 July, 2007 00:44  
Blogger Gardenia said...

I think you better start looking for THE shoes!

20 July, 2007 02:34  
Blogger Tamarai said...

That's cos I have good taste in blondes

20 July, 2007 12:38  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Martha: Emily rocks!

DP: Don't say that, man, you might put me off!

4D: You know that's illegal, right?!

Gardenia: You think?!

Tanya: Me, too, then.

20 July, 2007 13:57  
Blogger furiousBall said...

Jeebus. Emily is beautiful! I happen to be in search of a new Mrs. furiousBall (not really), I should email her.

20 July, 2007 15:21  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

F/ball: Calm yourself now. She's spoken for...

20 July, 2007 16:41  
Blogger TrumanDem said...

40 years old never looked so damn good on a woman. My God, Emily Proctor is HOT. She makes CSI sizzle. The first time I saw her in this most implausible role in Miami with a black leather body suit on the job it made me ignore the non reality of the moment. The view made me forget all of that.

Yeah, nice choice.

16 December, 2008 03:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?