Friday, June 15, 2007

Wow...

Is it Friday already? And not just Friday, but 6pm on Friday. Where the hell did yet another week go?!

The good news is, I might actually get to have a day off this weekend. All work and no play makes Nowt a dull boy, and all that.

So the missus and I might go shopping for something nice to wear on our upcoming-but-still-too-far-away holiday. Or to have a nice meal somewhere. That is something we don't do often enough. Then once in a while we'll go out for dinner and say, "That was nice. We should really go out to a nice restaurant at least once a month." Then three months fly by and we realize we haven't. Must change that.

There will be some work to do, though. And even if we have some downtime, we have to do the finishing touches in the kitchen: a bit of Polyfilla and paint, that sort of thing. And before the flooring man comes, we have to remove the old vinyl tile things from the floor and fill any holes in the concrete beneath.

It really seems like there is always something to do in real life. Always. I mean, a guy could spend his entire life -- not just waking hours -- doing stuff, whether it be work or home improvements or taking out the trash or washing up. And yet, I can't really complain about my life.

You might be forgiven for thinking that I do in fact complain about my life a lot. But really I'm just complaining a lot about certain bits. I don't hate my job, unlike many people. I have a house that I like unlike some who live in cramped quarters with virtual strangers. My health is good; others aren't so lucky. I have a loving wife, who puts up with some quirky, fucked-up behaviour from me once in a while (sorry about last night, pet). And I have a cat who... well, who tolerates me; but then that's cats for you.

So I end this week on a positive note, giving thanks for what I've got instead of a mean-spirited rant about something unimportant. Don't worry, though: I'll be back doing what I do best before you know it!

12 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Shain said...

This post sounded like me 15 minutes after I get out of my yoga class. It doesn't last long.

15 June, 2007 19:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wonderful post which made me smile before going to bed. Thank you *A :)

15 June, 2007 23:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny thing is I always picture you and Red as good humored happy people. Maybe because in all your partial pics you have a smile.

16 June, 2007 00:32  
Blogger Spangly Princess said...

I think it's so important to count your blessings every now and then (in between ranting at cunts) since it's easy to somehow forget how good many of us have things. nice post.

17 June, 2007 01:53  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

you and your beautiful life.

i like to see a little optimism every now and again. good for you :)

good wife... good health... good home... good kitty. seriously... could life BE any better?

17 June, 2007 07:51  
Blogger Gardenia said...

ah, we all gotta rant sometimes - there are crazy things in the world that drive us crazy once in a while. We just need confirmation from our blog buddies that the other people are the crazies! :)

Yes, despite all the stuff whirling about us, its a pretty good life.

I always enjoy your view because you love your wife, you aren't afraid to talk like so many men, you do things with your wife, you love your cat even though it treats you like cats always treat their owners.......yer just a good person ya know........

so enjoy this weekend!

17 June, 2007 14:40  
Blogger Milla said...

Well, it's now Monday, where's the rant Aste?!

18 June, 2007 10:45  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

The odd spell of gratitude is a tonic to the soul - hope the weekend brought respite.

Puss

18 June, 2007 10:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh! I know what you mean. Being in love is meaning that I ma behaving exactly like all the people I have always hated.

But it is nice to appreciate that life isn't so bad once in a while...

18 June, 2007 14:37  
Blogger furiousBall said...

Always healthy to do a karma check-up one in a while. Life is a fucker, gotta appreciate those that put up with us all.

18 June, 2007 16:02  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

I hope you had a fun weekend...and where did you put your bumper sticker? I love that bumper sticker by the way!

Just saying hi...

18 June, 2007 22:53  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

karma check up? Can't find mine

18 June, 2007 23:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?