Saturday, May 19, 2007

Jizz cocks and piss kidneys

And so another season of Peep Show comes to an end. This is, without a doubt, the single best comedy show to have come out of Britain in the past decade, if not ever. Yes, there I said it. You can take your Monty Pythons and Fawlty Towerses, your Porridges and Young Oneses: we've all seen them one time too many, thanks to the glorious BBC's reruns policy. Peep Show is king, the boss of them all.


No, it's not that kind of peep show.


I could say I was there from the beginning of the first episode, the night it was first aired, but that would just make me sound like a piss kidney. Or a jizz cock. But it's true. Earlier that week, way back whenever it was, Red and I had seen stars Mitchell and Webb on some breakfast TV show, flogging their imminent wares. They showed a clip. "What odd fucking shite is this?" I might have wondered aloud. It looked silly, with it's first-person-POV camerawork. But nothing else was on TV that fateful night, so we gave it a go. It fucking rocked back then, and it still rocks now.

And apparently a fifth season has been commissioned. I'm already finding it difficult to wait. Thank heavens for the DVDs.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger lightupvirginmary said...

I didn't get into it until well late!
I was put off by the credits which i thought were rubbish.
It was great catching up on DVD though.

19 May, 2007 22:29  
Blogger Karen said...

So if it's not about half naked women dancing for quarters, what's it about?

20 May, 2007 12:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love when a new show comes on that I enjoy. I'll have to check out the dvd to see what is so funny!

20 May, 2007 15:25  
Blogger Cynnie said...

you people talk strange ..

I'll be looking for that .. I need new funny in my life.

20 May, 2007 16:16  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

hmmm... not heard of this one. i'll have to look into it (as long as it's really NOT naked girls dancing in front of little windows)

:)

20 May, 2007 18:46  
Blogger Tamarai said...

I have nothing to add. Never watched Peep Show....

20 May, 2007 19:44  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

same here. I'm missin' out I think

20 May, 2007 22:33  
Blogger me said...

heres a tip. avoid their new movie!
it stinks!!

sorry.

21 May, 2007 03:19  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Love this show!!! Thanks to you guys and BBC America. I haven't seen absolutely every episode but a lot. It's only a matter of time till there is an American knockoff, like The Office and half our reality shows.

21 May, 2007 14:29  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

I can't get over my antipathy for David Mitchell long enough to watch it. There's something about his nasal, ranting tone that turns my stomach.

Puss

22 May, 2007 11:18  
Blogger tideliar said...

I love it oo, but they cancelled it in the States :( Bloody Yanks

01 June, 2007 19:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?