Friday, March 16, 2007

“Friday night’s here / What’s the scene?”

The oven is on, preheating, and soon I will put my pizza in it to cook. Not one that I made; I'm not that smart. It's a bought frozen one, but they're okay once in a while. Meanwhile, Red will have leftover chilli from last night, which I cooked. Chilli sin carne is one of my specialities, but last night's was a little lacking in seasoning, so I'll rectify that for her when I recook it today.

And then we'll be preparing to go to The London again. Specifically, The Camden Town, for tonight is the long-awaited gig night. (We don't get out much, as you can tell!) Omaha, Nebraska's finest, Mr Conor Oberst, aka Bright Eyes, will be performing for our listening pleasure. Very exciting.

So, I'll catch up with y'all over the weekend.

Ooh, first, though, I have to choose my ensemble, as does the missus. Ooh, what to wear? What will make us blend in with the undoubtedly 20-something crowd? What will prevent them asking us, "Are you in the right place, Gramps?"

Jeans, for sure. Converse? Do you even need to ask? Maybe a stripey pullover? Aaahh, but it's in the washing basket! (I'll give it a sniff. Might be okay. Plus, do you think I'll smell any worse than 20-something Londoners? I think not!)

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Milla said...

I love your last paragraph! Very good.
See? That's why I go to metal/goth/noise/hardcore gigs: because in a sea of patchouli and sweat I will be the one smelling of roses.

Have a WONDERFUL time in Camden tonight (and mind that vomit on the pavement), you and Red.
xxx

16 March, 2007 13:15  
Blogger Tamarai said...

Have fun!

16 March, 2007 13:32  
Blogger Pickled Olives said...

Enjoy the show!!!

16 March, 2007 14:07  
Blogger Odat said...

Have a great time and enjoy!
Peace

16 March, 2007 14:41  
Blogger ldbug said...

Have fun Gramps;-)

16 March, 2007 14:45  
Blogger Karen said...

Sounds like good times.

And if your Chili sin Carne (I love the name!) is so fantastic, you really should post the recipe for the rest of us. Or at the very least a few pictures.

16 March, 2007 15:15  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Camden Town - my old stamping ground. An old pal reminded me of a gig we went to in Camden seventeen years ago. Seventeen. Man, that made me feel old.

Puss

16 March, 2007 21:49  
Blogger mist1 said...

I can't believe that you didn't call me sooner for fashion advice.

16 March, 2007 23:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no meat eh? hava great tiem at concert

17 March, 2007 03:39  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Milla: Thank you. The gig was fun. Camden... Well, it ain't as nice as it used to be, I fear.

T: I did, ta.

Olives: Sho nuff!

17 March, 2007 15:48  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Odat: Thanks. It was coooool.

LDB: Heh heh!

Karen: Yay! I'll see what I can do about that recipe...

17 March, 2007 15:49  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

G/puss: 17 yrs ago I wasn't even in London yet. I got there in '93. Still, it's a while ago...

Mist1: Hey, i like to make my own mistakes!

DP: Yeah, we eat quite a lot of meat-free dishes, actually.

17 March, 2007 15:52  
Blogger Sheamus the... said...

This was an awesome post...I thoroughly enjoyed reading it probably because everything you read about goes through my head every day. Eating oven pizza and sniffing laundry. Brilliant. Glad to see things arent too different across the ocean. Also since I am twenty something you have my seal of approval. You fit in.

17 March, 2007 18:23  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Shea: Gotta do the sniff test, don'cha?!

18 March, 2007 10:13  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

so glad to see (over at red's place) that you two had a good time (apart from the trave, of course)

hope you enjoyed the concert as much as she did (apart from the country song... i hate country music too! it certainly would have been difficult to stomach)

19 March, 2007 04:43  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Martha: Yeah, it was nice to do something a bit different. The gig, I thought, was very good. I'm not as familiar with Bright Eyes' lyrics but I have heard all the songs many times. And I don't even mind country music too much, as long as it's in moderation!

19 March, 2007 08:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?