Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Worked

It was a non-blogging day for me yesterday. Not only was I unable to post anything myself, but I couldn't get around to see what my blogmates had written. Why? Because -- disaster! -- I had to go out of the house to work...

I had an e-mail late on Monday afternoon asking if I was available to work on a magazine on Tuesday. It was a mag I'm very familiar with, having worked on it for extended stints previously. Indeed, I did six months there last autumn/winter, two to three days a week.

So, of course, that meant I was away from my desk and having to work and earn my pay. And not be caught blogging! That would be frowned upon, I fear.

I'm busy today, too, so I'll be trying to get around as and when.

There are now four films on my list to review, so I've got to catch up with that soon. And I was desperately hoping I might be able to get tattooed before Christmas. But as soon as I sat down to my workload today, I saw that this might be unrealistic.

Sorry boys and girls... not much to read here today, but Wife has posted a really excellent video, so do go and check it out if you're not one of her regulars. It's very sobering in this season of peace and love to all mankind.

Normal service blah blah resumed rhubarb rhubard soon.

12 Comments:

Blogger ginkers said...

You find work gets in the way of blogging? It's usually the other way round for me! Indeed, it's the weekends I find hardest to get access to my computer to post my random thoughts on football and grappa...

13 December, 2006 13:03  
Blogger Milla said...

It is always strange for me to read about people working from home who then sometimes have to go to an office, but only sometimes.
I think if I worked at home I would just spend the whole time watching movies and surfing the net. And stroking the cat, of course.
At least at work I go on the 'entertaining' side of the net only during my breaks...and pretend to be productive the rest of the time.

13 December, 2006 13:37  
Blogger Tamarai said...

Aaah. If only someone would come along, recognise our genius and pay us to blog.

I suppose then blogging wouldn't be fun anymore...

13 December, 2006 13:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely hate it when work gets in the way. Nose to the grindstone!

13 December, 2006 14:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you do need to take a break after the record breaking 500th post, anyway! Sorry you're so busy and can't get a tatoo, what're you getting?

13 December, 2006 15:58  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm also curious to know what you have planned for the next tattoo? I'm dying to get my other leg done but alas no one will pay me to blog so I'm out of luck.

13 December, 2006 16:41  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Ginkers: Yeah, unfortunately work has to come first. Or first equal. Well, sometimes second. It all depends where I am, if I'm honest...

Milla: I surf more than I should while working. But when the chips are down and the work has to get done, there's only one thing for it. That's to knuckle down and get on with it, like it or not.

Tanya: Oh, I think it'd still be fun, don't worry!

13 December, 2006 16:45  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Lee: I know, it sucks, don't it?!

Snowcrush & Karen: The "next" tattoo is in fact more work on my most recent tattoo, which means hopefully finishing the full sleeve on my left arm. It's mostly just colouring left to do now, and re-inking some of the outlines. Flowers, water, windbars, clouds, lightning flash: all that Japanese-style stuff. About 4 hours ought to do the trick.

13 December, 2006 16:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*GASP* You mean you had to actually leave the house AND work??? Out of control! People just ask too much these days I tell ya...=P

13 December, 2006 17:03  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Angel: Yes, I know... Horrific, ain't it?!

14 December, 2006 16:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... i hope your day working out of the home went well and you're back to bloggin and working side-by-side :)

and in case you don't make it back to read my response in the comment section of my blog... i promise that was not directed at you or red... i was not offended by what you or she said... it just got me thinking, and i wanted to post some thoughts :)

14 December, 2006 18:11  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Martha: I did read your response, thanks. We're all good. I'll pop back and leave a little "how-do". It's okay working away from home once in a while, but I wouldn't like to make a habit of it!

15 December, 2006 08:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?