Wednesday, October 18, 2006

“The Man in the Iron Mask” – Billy Bragg

When he drops you off, I will not say,
"Who was that, who so quickly drove away?"
The things you've done
And the places you've been:
When I open the door for you
I will not let them in.

As long as you come back to me
I will never ask.
For you I will be
The man in the iron mask.

You said you loved me and it broke my heart;
I was always your prisoner right from the start.
The nights you spend without me,
This house is like a dungeon.
And you only return to torture me more.

You must have your reasons;
I will not ask.
For you I will be
The man in the iron mask.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i may be repeating myself here, but the guy is a fucking genius.

an english bob dylan perhaps?

and my advise to anyone who hasn't seen him play live is to do it. worth every penny and then some.

thats all.

19 October, 2006 11:20  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

He da man, Cappy. Personally I think he's better than Dylan.

He was on telly last night, on Sky News, chatting about Britishness.

20 October, 2006 14:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?