Monday, October 09, 2006

Bush gets assassinated tonight

I was just reading about Death of a President over at IMDb's Studio Briefing page. The news story says that "several major [American] theater chains [...] will refuse to show the award-winning drama" about the assassination of George W Bush, which is due to open on 27 October.

The film is set in 2010, looking back at the unsolved murder, which takes place in Chicago, IL, in 2007.

Mike Campbell, CEO of Regal Theaters, the largest exhibitor in the US, is quoted as saying: "We feel it is inappropriate to portray the future assassination of a sitting president, regardless of political affiliation."

No matter: we in the UK get the chance to see it for free this evening on TV. I believe it's on More4, though it could be E4. Check your listings.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shep said...

And some of us will just wait patiently until the Broadband Fairy brings it to the Hard Drive...

09 October, 2006 11:09  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Are you serious, it's on tv, wow that's crazy! I guess soem theatres will play it, it is kind of a shocking idea.... Didn't the release of Manchurian Candidate get changed and even banned because it came out just after Kenendy was assasinated?

I look forward to hearing what the story is like and if this is a good movie or not...very curious for your review.

09 October, 2006 12:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, here I live 40 minutes from DC and I've never even heard about such a movie...not that I keep up with the news so much. Can't wait to hear your review.

Bush's assasination would be exceptionally scary because we would have to look at Dick Cheney a lot more and really come to grips with the fact that the Dark Lord is ruining...I mean, running our country.

09 October, 2006 14:51  
Blogger Cynnie said...

I am so jealous!!
I want to see it..
can you make copies ? hand out to friends in faraway lands?

09 October, 2006 14:54  
Blogger Shep said...

It would of course be illegal to copy/distribute or download such material. So anyone who wants it should definitely not email me further on this matter...if they want it...cough...

09 October, 2006 15:59  
Blogger Karen said...

I hope you're going to post your thoughts on it. I'm interested to see it. However, I'm also interested to see what happens in 2007 after it's been released - think some nut job will try to make it come true? Uh oh, I hope the secret service doesn't read this...not that I would do it. I don't want to be associated with George W. in any sense...

09 October, 2006 16:03  
Blogger Spaghetti Monster said...

It looks terrible, with that assasination gimmick thrown in to please people who believe Bush is Hitler. I'm watching Spooks. It's hokum too, but enjoyable hokum.

09 October, 2006 19:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?