Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 five years on: post #1

Over the past five years, there has been a lot of talk of conspiracy theories and government involvement and cover-ups regarding 9/11. One of the most convincing documentaries I have watched on the subject was the film 911 Loose Change.

Whatever you believe happened on 9/11, one thing is indisputable: 2,996 people going about their daily business died needlessly, be they World Trade Center workers, Pentagon workers, civilians taking aeroplanes, or firefighters, policemen and policewomen.

I have days when I rant about politics. Often these rants are ill informed but from the heart, as I see it. Today, I will do no ranting. My tribute posts today are about the human loss of 9/11 and not the politics or ramifications of it.

On the subject of tributes, go visit 2996, the mother of all 9/11 blog tributes. All 2,996 victims are honoured (and then some), by about the same number of bloggers. This is collaborative blogging on a scale probably never seen before.

2996 banner

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

somebody sent this link to me a while ago, may even have been your good self, and it freaked me out big time!
was trying to explain it to my in-laws last night, and struggling. (it's a ten hour task explaining how to turn a light switch on!)
they wouldn't have any of it.
me? i think it's highly plausable.

11 September, 2006 10:12  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

2996 has been suspended. Wonder what's goin' on?

11 September, 2006 16:15  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Cappy: Yeah, I think it was me, if you're talking about the film. Scary.

4D: Looks like he's out of bandwidth. Ouch. Let's hope he can get it sorted. Bad day to realize it, though...

11 September, 2006 16:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was all, yeah right, more conspiracy theorists, until they started to talk about the pentagon....then i started to watch from the beginning again. woah, hold the phone! makes you wonder. politicians, are they truly capable of such an atrocity JUST to give them a reason?
against their own? really?
really made me think, and also made me question how far that puppet excuse for a leader we have would go.

12 September, 2006 08:06  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Cappy, it really makes you think, like, ummm, do these guys really have our best interests at heart, doesn't it?

12 September, 2006 16:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?