Monday, August 28, 2006

“I went out walking...”

The ol' Blog About Nowt has been a bit short on home-grown pictures of late, so I thought I'd best remedy that. I took the following photographs while out for a walk on Sunday morning. Beautiful surroundings, great company (even though I wasn't), lovely weather, healthy activity; what more could you want?

dragonfly
This first shot has been cropped to "big up" the dragonfly, which was my reason for the pic in the first place. The others remain as nature intended.

oare1

oare3

oare6

oare9

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

You were good company too... eventually!

28 August, 2006 09:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch!

28 August, 2006 12:43  
Blogger me said...

this is on your doorstep?
do you mind if i do a simalar post later this week? will take the dog to my favourite hill, and let you see "my barnsley" if you want!
where is this? looks nice. unfortunately, we don't have a coast so close.

28 August, 2006 13:16  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Red: You're too kind.

RD: That "eventually" bit really digs the knife in, huh?

Cappy: It's just under 10 miles away (near Faversham, Kent) and is a wildlife reserve. It's basically marshland with a walkable path through it. It's full of birdwatchers at the weekends, but the walk is very pleasant and takes about 90 minutes there and back on the path. We also have Whitstable for a nicer coast experience, about 15 miles away. It'd be great to see "your Barnsley", as it happens.

28 August, 2006 15:52  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

How lucky to have such a great reserve nearby. I love the boat toppled over. These are fantastic photos!

28 August, 2006 20:39  
Blogger _z. said...

Beautiful landscape. very colorful.

29 August, 2006 06:26  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Candy: It's really nice, though we don't go as often as we ought to. I love that boat photo, too!

_z.: It's amazing how diverse it is, too: marshland, and sand, and sea, and greenery all in one place.

29 August, 2006 09:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?