Friday, July 28, 2006

“I distinctly heard him say ‘Jew’. He said, ‘Jew want something to eat?’ He said ‘Jew’!”

I was watching the news on Thursday night, and they reported that it would cost around US$400 to move an entire Lebanese family by taxi from Tyre, which has been all but annihilated over the course of the past three days, to Beirut, which is considerably safer.

Four hundred bucks -- that's about £215 -- to save an entire family from Israel's unjust, untargeted, non-specific bombing raids. Now, I appreciate this is not our problem to pay for, and furthermore I appreciate that there's a heck of a lot of families to move, each one costing $400, but all I could think was ...

In the scheme of things, $400 is fuck-all. And I know charity begins at home, but where are those Hollywood altruists now? You know, the ones who were all over Hurricane Katrina. Is it controversial to suggest that they are all in the pockets of Jews? They wouldn't want to rock the boat and find that the Weinsteins et al don't want to share a Hollywood table with them anymore, maybe...


[Note: This post is not intended to be read as anti-Semitic. It is simply a presentation of a potential, and wholly feasible, scenario. Everybody knows that Hollywood is largely controlled by Jewish money; while this does not necessarily mean that Hollywood supports the current Israeli action, it could be argued that non-Jewish players would not want to be seen to support Lebanon's cause.]

8 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

i couldn't agree more... i always want to know where all the hollywood big-mouths are when things like this take place. they freakin' bathe in evian water and spend their money on waste... then they scream that we (i.e. the gov) isn't doing anything to help these poor people (or in this case their mouths are zipped) and yet what are they doing?

and i totally think it's the whole jewish hollywood thing.

i hope i don't sound like an idiot here... when i get passionate about something i'm not always clear or even straight with my facts... basically i just want to echo you

28 July, 2006 05:38  
Blogger The Anti Crapitalist said...

If they want to re-house people the US Dept of Homeland security already have 26,000 useless mobile homes they paid $900m for last year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060727/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/homeland_security_contracts

Now that does make two hundred quid look like fuck all.

America is not really living in the real world anymore.

28 July, 2006 07:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its all a bit black or white really isnt it? The real problem here is the proliferaton of arms. Hezbollah has a huge stash of small arms and surface to air rockets. Now, am I not right in thinking that Hezbollah is a banned organisation. So which member of the UN security council is selling them their arms?

28 July, 2006 10:03  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

RD: No, Hezbollah is considered a terrorist organization by only the UK, the US, Canada, and Israel, if memory serves (see the Wikipedia article). It is not recognized as a terrorist organization by the EU.

Anti C: That would be great to see them rehomed there!

Martha: Thanks. I sometimes put my mouth (or fingers, in this case) into gear before my brain. I'm speaking from the heart, though; what more can we do?

28 July, 2006 10:11  
Blogger Cynnie said...

The US backs regimes..not the actual people of any country..That totally sucks..
And I'm sick of religion and politics , I'm tired of Americans voting in any asshole that claims to love jesus.
and the day I have some respect for a celeb, is the day one of them moves into a regular old ranch style house in bakersfield california , lives like a regular person and donates huge amounts of their money to actually help something other than homeless fucking dogs.

28 July, 2006 13:33  
Blogger _z. said...

just to be the devil's advocate... Hollywood is Hollywood.
The Jewish "celebrities" are not expected to help or give money to the Lebanese. Well they should for humanitarian reasons, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. However there is a BIG number of Lebanese celebrities in Hollywood and adjacent circles... they don't help out either. Unless they do it oh so quietly so that they are not smeared as "arabs"... they still want to work in Jewish Hollywood right?

28 July, 2006 15:06  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Jez: I'm sure many make big anonymous charitable donations, and maybe that's better than making a big song and dance about it, but you do have to wonder. And it's not just about the money in this case, is it? It's about raising awareness of a humanitarian disaster, and who can do that better than huge stars...?

Cynnie: Yeah, that Jesus-loving thing will get you votes in America every time. Astonishing, really.

_z.: Absolutely right. And something I sort of mentioned in my reply to Jez, above. But yep, wouldn't want to mess up those work opportunities, either...

28 July, 2006 18:56  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Local politics blows my brain up these days never mind national stuff. Are Israel mad? They're either mad or they've no choice. I dunno. Innocents getting blown up. Can't be sane so are Israel insane? I dunno. I'm just wondering in me ignorance. Are they a kind of front line? I can't accept kids n stuff getting bombed but if France was Lebanon and they attacked the UK I don't think it'd even cross my mind. I hate it all but I'm not sure if Israel are right or wrong. Maybe the UK isn't so bad after all....

29 July, 2006 01:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?