Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Yeah, I don’t mind some wrap

Surely, * (asterisk), you mean "rap"?

Well, yes, that too, just as I don't mind some hip hop. I'm a white boy after all, so I surely must like 2Pac, like all good white boys. But when I said wrap, I meant wrap, not rap. And that Christo: well, he sure knows how to wrap.

Witness Exhibit A -- the Reichstag building in Berlin: if that ain't a good wrap, then I don't know what is.
Exhibit B: Arguably less of a wrap and more a lot of hip (h)openings [ouch, sorry!] in New York's Central Park.
And Exhibit C -- Snoopy's house.
Credit where it's due, these works are, I believe, correctly attributed to Christo and Jean-Claude. Except the cartoon, which is by Schulz, though the pair did indeed build and wrap a Snoopy house for the Schulz Museum 25 years later. Life imitates art.

5 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

That was an interesting bit of info. I did not know the cartoon or that Jean Claude and Christo had wrapped a Snoopy house, that's cool!

21 June, 2006 20:28  
Blogger Red said...

Snoopy rules.

22 June, 2006 08:38  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

You me long lost cousin or some'at pie? I've a doppleganger out there!

22 June, 2006 11:26  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

I could probably rap if I put my mind to it, and I can wrap okay. I'm just not very good at bows and ribbons, and Wife insists on those. You know, doing the job proper, like...

23 June, 2006 13:32  
Blogger Laura said...

I love that episode of My Family where Nick wraps everything in the house a la Christo. Nothing's safe, not even family members sitting on the couch.

27 June, 2006 14:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?