Monday, June 19, 2006

What I’ve been up to

So I was on holiday. In Italy. Visiting the in-laws, and eating lovely food, and lying on the beach. It was ace! And now I'm back, and I have work to do, and I have to forget that I'm sunburned and that my legs ache from all the cycling I did. I'm not accustomed to cycling.

I got so badly sunburned on my lower legs that my ankles nearly disappeared while my feet and legs swelled up. And this was on Friday, so I really couldn't find it in me to go back to the beach on Saturday. Which means I missed my last day of beach-lazing, all through my own stupidity in not applying sun-protecty cream before exposing myself to the sun. I feel like a bit of a twat.

I'm usually very good with sun-protecty cream. It's very important. Especially for us tattooed folk. Tattoos fade much more quickly if they are regularly exposed to the sun. But ultimately it was those couple of hours of bike riding, that's what done me in. Done me knees in, that is. Grrr.

Other than that, though, I had a fab time. I love holidays. Didn't think about work hardly at all. Didn't even check my e-mail. If I had found an Internet café (how bizarre is that? We couldn't find an Internet café! Don't you just love rural Italy?), then I would certainly have been more keen to blog than to check my work e-mail anyway.

Normal service? Not quite yet. But I'm getting there...

10 Comments:

Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

You need a holiday to get over your holiday. It takes me about a month to recover. Probably 'cause I don't want to.....glad yer had a good'n

19 June, 2006 11:08  
Blogger a.c.t. said...

Ciao * good to have you back, glad you had a nice time. Which part of Italy did you go to?

19 June, 2006 11:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh nice isnt it Italy. I went to visit some assylums when I was training. Jolly good food too.

19 June, 2006 12:51  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

4D: You're right. I always feel like I need a hol to get over me hols.

ACT: East coast, south of Rimini.

RD: Didn't visit any asylums (oddly enough) but did eat lots of jolly good food. Hurrah!

19 June, 2006 13:32  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Yeah I missed you!!!

Just because you didn't find a 'puter I sure hope you had a camera...any beach photos, pics of food?

How aboutt hat coffee?!

So glad you're back!!!!!

19 June, 2006 15:00  
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

Glad you're back! I'm excited to hear your stories and see some pics.

And I've got to say, I'm SUPER jealous of your week in Italy. I never get to travel... poo :(

19 June, 2006 15:03  
Blogger Wrinkled Weasel said...

Welcome back!

While you were away in Italy you missed the passing of Ligeti.

This does not refer to my bodily functions after a plate of Italian food, but the death of that bloke who did the spooky mood music on 2001, a Space Oddysey.
Last time I went away they relieved Mafeking.. you do miss stuff.

19 June, 2006 15:17  
Blogger Wrinkled Weasel said...

you may also have missed this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5079470.stm

which might be of interest.

ww

19 June, 2006 15:20  
Blogger me said...

you were near rimini and you were on a push bike!

scooter dear friend, you should have been on a vespa!

doh! big mistake! and i must add, i am so jealous. the one place i really want to go to. italy.

20 June, 2006 08:40  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Candy: Thanks. Pics aplenty, especially of food. I think Wife and I might create a gastro blog with details of food and stuff. Maybe.

Martha: Ditto re the pics. Sorry to have made you jealous...

WW: It's true, you do miss stuff. But by and large not as much stuff as you think you'll miss.

Pie: I am the king of burning. I'll post about that.

Fiz: I know, I know. But dude, you should go to Italy. (You, too, Pie.) Just a couple of hours on a plane and you're there. Flights can be pretty cheap these days, too. Imagine, riding a Vespa in Italy... What could be better?

20 June, 2006 09:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?