Monday, June 05, 2006

Me singing!

Sheesh, it seems like everyone is suddenly audio-blogging. And now that my competitive nature has been revealed, you all must have guessed that I'm just dying to get a piece of the action.

I shan't be inflicting la mia faccia upon y'all. ("Faccia's 'face', right?" Name that movie quote.) And not because I'm not gorgeous, because clearly I am, but simply because of the vague semblance of anonymity that I fool myself into believing I have. Truth is, of course, that anyone who knows me reasonably well will already have recognized me from my tattoos and the personal info I've shared. The other, and more practical, reason is that we have neither a webcam nor a digital camcorder here at casa d'asterisco. And since I have no immediate need for one, I won't be buying one.

Here, however, I will treat you to a bit of me singing. This is a track called "Kids' Night", from a demo made in 1990. Click here to listen to it, folks...

15 Comments:

Blogger Cynnie said...

oh jesus ..this really helps me with my whole " english dudes are so fucking cool!!" phase I'm going through..

05 June, 2006 13:31  
Blogger Camie Vog said...

eh, your voice is very, eh, deep...

seriously, I only hear a bass line, no voice...

05 June, 2006 13:50  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

That's funny, Cynnie!

Camie: There should be four bars of bassline before the vocals start. The song's about 3 mins 20 in all.

05 June, 2006 14:13  
Blogger Camie Vog said...

Nope...just the baseline! When I click on your link, it brings up Quicktime...I suspect it is Quicktimes settings. This may also explain why I couldn't get the full 5 minutes of record time AudioBlogger promised me...Excuse me while I go off to (beat my head against the wall)investigate how to correct this (rotten)issue...

05 June, 2006 14:46  
Blogger Camie Vog said...

Thank you, RealPlayer! Got it now! Geez, do you mind if I put it on my iPod?

05 June, 2006 14:55  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Glad you got it sorted, CV. And sure you can put it on your iPod (*blush*).

05 June, 2006 15:47  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

That is so impressive! It's like mediaville everywhere I go!

That was very good, do you still play with a band?

Now with some doing talking heads, you can make the soundtrack...you guys almost have a movie in cyberspace...

05 June, 2006 23:01  
Blogger me said...

you so totally rock dude!
sorry, been talking to a foxy american chick all night. hi cammie!

05 June, 2006 23:46  
Blogger Cynnie said...

there was TALKING going on without ME?

06 June, 2006 06:32  
Blogger a.c.t. said...

Hey * sounds impressive. Is your band together?

06 June, 2006 08:30  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

CM: A collaborative cyberspace movie effort. Without ever meeting one another. That'd be cool. No longer play in a band, no.

FF: Thanks dude.

Cyn: Me neither. But I'm a blog and e-mail kinda guy. I don't know anything about IM and all that stuff. Plus last night was the finale of Prison Break, and nothing could've stood in the way of that.

ACT: That band is long gone...

06 June, 2006 09:16  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

That rocks *!!!! (seein as I'm a big kid) Downloaded it n burnin it tonight. tvm

06 June, 2006 12:52  
Blogger Wrinkled Weasel said...

effing brilliant!

a great hook too.

a very good voice. thanks for sharing it. Another brave move.

06 June, 2006 16:48  
Blogger Cynnie said...

I hate to admit it ..
But me and favorite baby have been singing along with it ..
favorite baby is a huge fan!

06 June, 2006 20:11  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey, you're good! the lyrics are entertaining as well. hehe

:)

07 June, 2006 12:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?