The obligatory American Idol post for a Friday afternoon
Yo, yo, yo – it's that time of the week again!
But tonight's American Idol will be a more frustrating affair than most. Now that it's getting down to the wire, and now that I'm spending more time online than ever before, I keep stumbling upon spoilers of who's going home. This is when that two-day gap between the US and UK screenings is a real bastard.
So I know who's going home tonight, because he went home two nights ago in real time. Oops, I didn't want to spoil it for some poor unsuspecting cunt like I was yesterday, but I've already revealed in the previous sentence that it's not Kathryn McPhee who's going. (It's funny that her name's McPhee, like FcMee. These are the things that amuse me... Sad, isn't it?)
And of the three possible men who could be evicted, let's just say it's not the one I would have most liked to see go: the one with the fucked-up teeth and weird face, Elliott. Nope, it ain't him. Which means it's one of the only two interesting people left in the show. And that fucking sucks. Oh well. It's only a game show. Who gives a toss, really?
But tonight's American Idol will be a more frustrating affair than most. Now that it's getting down to the wire, and now that I'm spending more time online than ever before, I keep stumbling upon spoilers of who's going home. This is when that two-day gap between the US and UK screenings is a real bastard.
So I know who's going home tonight, because he went home two nights ago in real time. Oops, I didn't want to spoil it for some poor unsuspecting cunt like I was yesterday, but I've already revealed in the previous sentence that it's not Kathryn McPhee who's going. (It's funny that her name's McPhee, like FcMee. These are the things that amuse me... Sad, isn't it?)
And of the three possible men who could be evicted, let's just say it's not the one I would have most liked to see go: the one with the fucked-up teeth and weird face, Elliott. Nope, it ain't him. Which means it's one of the only two interesting people left in the show. And that fucking sucks. Oh well. It's only a game show. Who gives a toss, really?
Labels: american idol









6 Comments:
Don't watch it don't like it. Oh shit! Big Brother's back soon. The wife's an addict. If that's reality we really are in't shit.
Trouble is, once you start, it's hard to stop!
Same with Big Brother. I always start off saying I ain't gonna watch it, but usually end up doing so...
i agree with your sentiments
Thanks Carrie. Welcome.
I say I'm not gonna watch it, hate the style of singing but I love the "chorus line/fame" genre of it all. I am pretty tired of McPhee now, and I thought she was gonna win the first week, she seems constantly phony to me. She sure got "real" when she was bottom two the other night.
I loved Chris, his style of singing is the kind I prefer, more natural like rock based. Classically trained rock singers suck. All the best rock voices didn't take training. Later some coaching so they don't blow out their nodes but you know thats for voice not style.
I like Eliot, just because he has really grown and cleans up okay, true he's not good looking, he is evena little odd looking, but he seems the most real and he has an old fashioned lounge singer potential I think.
I love Hicks, never thought he'd get this far becaus ehe has a great voice...and that is not the style of the Idol series. In Canada I love the show and singers, they are often real characters and silly and younger and have humour in their personalirties and much less trained syrupy voices. But what do I know...
Nextweek should be interesting to see how McPhee sings after feeling humbled, I wonder if she will find a sincere bone in her to sing with and be less "emotive".
????
I promise to remember that you are couple days behind in the viewing...look forward to your next comments and post about the show.
Thanks Candy. You're spot-on with the FcMee comment: she's a real phoney. The way she smiles all the way thru every song... It's like she's in a beauty pageant or something.
And I gotta say: there's nothing quite like people doing Elvis songs to reiterate just how great a vocal talent he was.
Post a Comment
<< Home