Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A mammoth occasion: post #200

The BBC reports that fishermen in Siberia have discovered a complete mammoth skeleton. The find is described as very rare. Indeed, "Alexander Kerzhayev, deputy director of the museum in the small town of Novoselovo, says it is the most significant find he can remember [but] his museum has neither the equipment nor the money to dig out the mammoth." Kerzhayev says it would be a pity just to leave the mammoth where it is, on the shore of a reservoir, but that "no one seems to care".

"Some experts are now suggesting that climate change is leading to discoveries which might otherwise have remained hidden in frozen ground," says the BBC.

And this is my 200th post.

8 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

How the hell do you get to post 200 WOW it feels like yesterday that you hit 100. and how do you know how many posts you have?

Congrats though, you've got a fan in me babe!!!

xxxoo Love the mammouth photo fascinating stuff...is this a global warming discovery?

23 May, 2006 17:38  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

I dunno, CM. I post at least two a day most days; sometimes even four or five. You can see how many posts by going to your Blogger Dashboard: beside the name of your blog it says how many posts you've made.

Global warming, that's what they're saying...

23 May, 2006 17:53  
Blogger Red said...

Been away from my machine for a couple of days, but I've finally got round to that tagging thing! Enjoy!

23 May, 2006 20:12  
Blogger tideliar said...

Ahh...global warming. We should dig up that mammoth and s/he can tell us what's its like to die horribly of catastrophic climate change.

23 May, 2006 20:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tideliar, it would probably say, 'not reet good'.

23 May, 2006 22:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its cyclic u no all tha so call experts thay interview there is never a climatologist in tha mix

23 May, 2006 23:46  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Yes, Pup, some people say these weather changes are all part of a pattern. I wonder who is right, naysayers, doomsdayers or others....?

Oh duh!! I see now where you can see your posts, I am at 136. There we go. I should really take a moment and familiarize myself with blogging and the set up...sheesh!

24 May, 2006 07:14  
Blogger a.c.t. said...

Congratulations! It'll be a while before I even reach 100.

24 May, 2006 12:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?