Tuesday, May 30, 2006

“Happy anniversay, happy anniversary to you. Happy anniversay, happy anniversary to you.”

Today it's ten years to the day since Wife and I met, in the music department of a London library. Awww. I'd been checking her out and then followed her to the counter. They didn't have the tape (remember those?) that she wanted, so I offered to make her a copy.

Bizarrely, we later discovered that she had seen me two days earlier at a gig and had been trying to work out what was written on the back of my shirt. Fate? Who knows. Nice to think so, though. This was the record that brought us together.

(Bonus points for anyone who can name the film that the song lyric in this post's title comes from!)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, *, you remembered!

(Bonus points for that little quote, too.)

30 May, 2006 15:19  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Happy Anniversary mate. 'N what was written on the back of yer shirt?

31 May, 2006 00:31  
Blogger Wrinkled Weasel said...

Ten years is good. I am in my tenth year too (second wife)(much better)

bizzarely i was in the same tutorial group at college with the girlfriend of the drummer. I think the album was out at the time. Even then, when she mentioned he was the drummer with the manic street preachers, I said, "oh, yes, I think I have heard of them". And only just. I am really out of the loop these days as I think Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" puts me in mind of an air conditioning unit that hums you to sleep on a warm mediterranean night.

31 May, 2006 01:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy anniversary

31 May, 2006 02:22  
Blogger me said...

no idea of the film, but happy days to you both, at least you both remembered (just on the of chance wifey reads this!!)
itching to know what t-shirt it was!

31 May, 2006 08:10  
Blogger a.c.t. said...

10 years hey, fantastic and what a lovely way to meet (sharing a common ground over music is great). Hope you have many more happy years together.

As for the film quote, I'm racking my brains..

31 May, 2006 08:39  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

I'll post a pic of the T-shirt. And I'll tell you all the film too.

31 May, 2006 12:33  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Thanks for the "congratses", too, guys!

WW: That's interesting about the tutorial group. Re Gnarls Barkley: afraid I don't get it, either...

31 May, 2006 17:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?