Monday, May 22, 2006

Are they fucking kidding us?!

I have come to the conclusion that we in the UK are being brainwashed. Now, maybe my brain is addled and I'm seeing conspiracy theories everywhere since watching that 9/11 movie yesterday, but...

Every morning I am being told by the weather boys and girls on TV that we are experiencing a huge drought. There's been talk of hose-pipe bans and lots of messages reminding us to use water wisely, turn off taps while brushing our teeth, etc, etc.

And yet it seems to be pissing with rain every single fucking day. What is with that? This morning, Helen Willetts (who didn't make it on to my weather-people list - sorry Helen) was doing an outside broadcast telling us about the drought and then said, "Hold on, I've just got to put my umbrella up." I shit you not. You couldn't make this stuff up!

I said to Wife this morning, in years to come I bet they'll talk about 2006 as the year of the Great Drought, much as 1976 is the year of the Long Hot Summer. And people will believe it. Well, herewith I am doing my bit to set the record straight. These pictures were taken from my window this morning...



Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"I've got to put my umbrella up."

That's just as funny as the reporter over here in the U.S. who was sitting in a canoe when several men in goulashes walked past in the background.

22 May, 2006 14:26  
Blogger The Wanted Man said...

I'd laugh if we're being overtaken by giant mutant slugs but the government is too shit scared to tell us.

22 May, 2006 16:18  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jason. I saw that canoe bit on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, I think. Very funny!

TWM: That'd be cool.

22 May, 2006 16:19  
Blogger a.c.t. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

22 May, 2006 17:42  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

I went outside n I'm wet. What drought?

22 May, 2006 17:54  
Blogger a.c.t. said...

The silly fuckers always get it wrong. I'm going to start collecting rainwater in a bucket soon to clean my teeth with. They can't complain then can they?

22 May, 2006 23:44  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

4D: I know. It's insane!

ACT: No, I don't think they can. But you never know. That's a natural resource you'd be stealing...

23 May, 2006 09:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?