Sunday, May 14, 2006

Aliens and the World Cup

I was going to blog about this anyway, but a comment on my previous post by FourDinners gave me just the segue I needed.

Yesterday, I was out shopping for bargainous CDs and DVDs with Wife. We picked up a good number of them, too, but my most bargainest bargain was the Alien Quadrilogy box set. (Well, I thought it was bargainous until this minute when I've just discovered I could have got it cheaper still at Play.com. Bugger! Oh well, I was chuffed for about 24 hours. Still, I won't let that spoil a good story, so on we go.)

The Alien Quadrilogy box set contains nine discs, and it features two versions of each of the four Alien movies and a ninth bonus disc of even more extra features on top of the ones on the first eight discs. So it's pretty fucking wicked. I nearly bought it a couple of years ago when it first came out but decided I could think of better ways to spend its then price of £70 ($132), especially considering I had the first three films on tape or disc already. However, on seeing the price tag at HMV yesterday, I couldn't resist.

"But * (asterisk)," I hear you cry, "what has all this got to do with the World Cup?" And a valid question it is, too. Allow me to elaborate, dear readers: I paid £19.66 for this cinematic treat - and therein lies the World Cup reference. Hurrah!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is definatly a bargain and I love the football reference, heh.

14 May, 2006 12:49  
Blogger me said...

thats it? weak for you, thought you were gonna say you bumped into someone famous. which gives me a story to tell! god you are a genious *. don't know how you do it!

14 May, 2006 13:55  
Blogger me said...

sorry "genius". just when i think my typing is getting better!

14 May, 2006 13:56  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Whaddya mean, weak?! 1966, geeeeenius, that is!

14 May, 2006 17:32  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

The Americans won't get it, the Germans'll hate yer, the Scots'll send yer poison pen letters (those't can write), 'n the Brazilians'll say "Only once? HA!"

I like it though n yer mentioned aliens so that's cool. Aliens is me favourite of the 4. 3's probably the weakest but still good. All in all a bargian I'd say.

14 May, 2006 23:46  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

bargian? I'm pissed. I'm goin' t'bed....

14 May, 2006 23:47  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Y'see, 4D, Alien3 is probably my fave, followed by Alien, then Aliens. Not seen all of Alien Resurrection yet.

One of my old acting teachers is in Aliens, though (I think only the Special Edition version).

15 May, 2006 10:12  
Blogger a.c.t. said...

I love all of the Alien films. You should watch John Carpenter's film The Thing - the alien in it is gruesomely brilliant.

15 May, 2006 17:34  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

It's already in my collection, A.C.T.

15 May, 2006 18:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?