Saturday, April 08, 2006

Well, whaddya know?

Turns out American Idol was not quite the train wreck I'd feared. Indeed, I was more familiar with this week's Country songs than I was with last week's "songs from the past six years". I never saw that coming.

But the new Red Hot Chili Peppers single and video are fucking atrocious. The name of the track gave the game away anyway: "Dani California". I mean, how lame a song title is that?

Yet, seemingly not content with making a shit song and coming up with a tedious premise for the clip, they figured bad taste was also required and so included a scene in which Kiedis dresses up like Kurt Cobain in the MTV Unplugged show. Good work, Tony K. You must be really proud.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger me said...

losing faith in the chillis, then see them on a half hour totp special. faith restored.
but don't tell any one, i am supposed to be a mod/skinhead and according to a fellow mod at work i shouldn't be listening to them!
what? no chillis? no green day? and i aint ever going to stop listening to ac/dc (earlier stuff more than the later stuff)

09 May, 2006 09:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?