Thursday, April 27, 2006

V for visitors

Poplear people that we are (that's poplear in the way that Bush says nucular), Wife and I have yet more visitors descending upon us tomorrow. This time for a long weekend, arriving Friday afternoon and leaving Tuesday morning. Now, don't get me wrong. We're not crotchety whiny fucks who don't like having guests. We have lots of (well, perhaps not lots, but several) very good friends who we are only too happy to socialize with and accommodate. But sometimes the timing is just so so bad.

I really thought that the long weekend would give us some time to get on top of our workload without interruptions from those 9-to-5, Monday-to-Friday types phoning and e-mailing every five minutes as if I've got nothing better to do with my time than talk to them. But no. It's all gone bollocks-up. And we were, to paraphrase Chris Moltisanti from The Sopranos, just a cunt hair away from being on top of things.

Still, what's done is done, and it'll be nice to see them. And they might even bring us some gastronomic goodies (they're coming from Italy). But if you happen to see the four of us pounding the streets of London and Canterbury gabbling on in a mix of English and Italian, don't forget to say hi. If I look confused by your greeting, then it's probably not me you're speaking to. And if I don't get round to blogging much over the weekend, that's why...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

Oh try to have fun, but I feel your pain!

27 April, 2006 16:37  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Thanks Candy! I'm sure it won't be all bad. What do they say, though: "Timing is everything"?

27 April, 2006 16:47  
Blogger a.c.t. said...

Ahhh but lots of Italian goodies - I'd swap places with you anyday.

27 April, 2006 18:46  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

No! The goodies are mine, all mine.

27 April, 2006 19:47  
Blogger a.c.t. said...

Well I suppose there is an Italian shop on the corner of my street so I'll let you off. The Italian thing I love the most is Rio Mare tuna which is much nicer than the crap you get here. My Mum's off to Italy soon so I'll get my orders in..

28 April, 2006 11:28  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Rio Mare tuna rules!

28 April, 2006 23:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?