Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Prison Break

I know I keep going on about it, but Prison Break is great fun!

Okay, so it's not like it's a great story; it's not as though it's particularly gritty, realistic, or feasible; it's not that you don't know (or at least think you know) where it's going to end.

But it's just good, Saturday-morning-serial, whatever the TV equivalent of "page-turning" is, entertainment.

Yeah, it's not Oz, which is the obvious comparison. It's not Oz by a long way, not least because no one says fuck or cunt, and there aren't multiple violent murders and rapes in every episode. No, it ain't Oz. But it does have its own Certificate 12 or PG-13 kind of charm.

And I'm not usually one for these "let's see how long we can string this shit out" kind of shows. Lost? Yeah, you lost me at about episode 6. And 24? I just can't get past the first episode in any given season. But I do like my Monday night dose of Prison Break.

3 Comments:

Blogger me said...

missed the first three episodes, watched the next two, enjoyed them hugely, decided not to watch any more and buy the dvd's. got to see it all!

09 May, 2006 09:13  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Probably the best way to do it. I always feel disappointed when an episode ends...

10 May, 2006 09:43  
Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

I love Prison Break, too. It's going to a third season, you know, but I'm not sure what they're going to do for plot since the main stuff (Link's full pardon, the truth about the prez & her brother, Kellerman, etc.) has all been decently wrapped up. In the final episode, they had to introduce something to keep us coming back next season, but I'm skeptical about it.

27 May, 2007 00:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?