Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Me, politics, and my life

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't really "do" politics. I therefore don't really like to blog about it. However, looking back over my posts from the past few days, I see there is more politics in there than I would have imagined. The trouble is, they make it so damn easy to mock them. I mean, really, it's like fucking open season out there at the moment: thousands of pounds spent on haircuts and make-up, releasing prisoners who should have been deported, and now the deputy prime minister is banging his secretary. What can a boy do...?

But, I have been inundated with e-mails. "My dearest * (asterisk)," they write. "Won't you regale us with more tales of your personal life? Won't you light up our lives with more of your reviews? We especially love the ones of films by foreign directors. And we want more pictures of you, rather than pictures of politicians what you have nicked from the intraweb thingy."

Well, readers, I'm sad to say there's not much news forthcoming on the home front right now. Wife and I are currently working almost every waking hour, and we haven't had time to watch any foreign films or listen to new music in a while. We did, however, sit down at the weekend to watch Bullet Boy – y'know, that British film with Asher D out of the So Solid Crew. Here's my review. Not bad. Bit inevitable. Not exactly Boyz N the Hood, but a passable British effort.

As for pictures of me: well, I've been looking into this Half Nekkid Thursday thing. So maybe... just maybe.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You blog about what the fuck you want to blog about. Mind you, nobody emails me with suggestions other than 'get some help'.

26 April, 2006 22:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eventually at some point of a blogger's life, he is pulled into politics. If we avoid it, it will come after us anyhow. I come across so many political blogs, most about impeaching Bush. I just skip them all together now. It's not that I don't care about their country, it's just that I don't care much for seeing the same anger, hatred and distorted views over and over and over again. People participating in those blogs are never nice to each other. It just reminds me of how "far" people have come over the years.

27 April, 2006 02:19  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Cheers Steve! I will blog my way and be happy about it.

Jay - You're right about how heated some of those American political blogs can get. I think over here in the UK we are lucky in that we all know how fucking awful all our politicians, are and we really have very little respect for any of them. I just don't get that whole thing of respecting a man purely because he's the president, rather than respecting him (or not) for his principles.

27 April, 2006 08:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?