Sunday, April 23, 2006

Masquerading as a classic?

On the subject of masks (in my previous post), last night Wife and I sat down to watch Eyes Wide Shut again, just to see if it was as shit as we remembered. We didn't rent it or anything; it was on telly.

Well, it was as shit as we remembered it – in fact, I think it was even shitter – so we turned off after a couple of ad breaks. I mean, it's really shit – and I like Kubrick films generally. (By the way, don't ad breaks just fucking murder anything you're trying to watch on TV? Drives me insane.)

The other reason that we thought we might suddenly like the film (well, I did, because I'm "simple folk") is that when we were in Venice last month (aahhh, Venice), we went into the mask shop that provided the masks for the masquerade-ball scenes. And the mask I'm wearing in my profile pic is from that self-same shop. Wow!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ mate, people leave comments on my site accusing me of being a serial killer!

23 April, 2006 19:43  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Yeah, I saw that. Hold on... What are you implying?!

24 April, 2006 08:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didnt mean any offence, please dont hurt me. Please...

24 April, 2006 16:15  
Blogger me said...

shit film, but one to watch with the volume down and with your finger over the pause button!

09 May, 2006 09:18  
Blogger Milla said...

Ahhhhhhhh: the mask of Satan we have on the wall of the living room is from that very same shop! Cost a fortune but it was well worth it.

P.S. I have been reading the posts from your first few months of blogging. Your style has changed quite a bit.
14/7/2007

14 July, 2007 18:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?