Friday, April 14, 2006

Hanks for the memories:
Tom in good-taste shocker!

Given the type of movie roles that Tom Hanks plays, I never would have figured him to have much taste in films. But it seems the safe, sensible, competent one does indeed have a more interesting side to him. He has recently revealed his top five favourite movies of all time. They are:

2001: A Space Odyssey;
The Godfather;
Fargo;
Elephant;
Boogie Nights.

Pretty good going, Tom. I guess you and I have more in common that I ever thought possible. And I, for one, am quite looking forward to seeing you in The Da Vinci Code.

The full story is at the bottom of this IMDb page.

4 Comments:

Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Since you clicked the comment box, you may as well list your top five movies, too. This is my current top five (probably).

True Romance;
The Wicker Man;
Boogie Nights;
The Godfather Part II;
... ooh, that tricky fifth one. Let's say
OldBoy.

14 April, 2006 12:12  
Blogger Camie Vog said...

Okay...I kinda cheated by refering to my blog profile...

Kill Bill Vol.
Lost in Translation
Big Red One
Pieces of April
Three Kings
and i know you only asked for 5, but...
Apocalypse Now

hmmm, guess I like lots of those killin' kind of movies. You know, I give True Romance an honorable mention as well.

14 April, 2006 15:23  
Blogger Camie Vog said...

oops, I forgot to insert the 2 for KillBill.

14 April, 2006 15:24  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Yeah, I always look at profiles anyway, but I figured faves change from time to time, and profiles get forgotten about. Not seen The Big Red One but I like pretty much all the Sam Fuller stuff that I've seen and have bought a couple on DVD.

14 April, 2006 15:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?