Thursday, April 06, 2006

Gene-ius?

Goodbye Pitney, Gene,
Though I never knew you at all...


See what I did there? I took a classic song about a dead woman and "cleverly" "adapted" it to fit a new circumstance.

Elton, Bernie: Give me a call if you want to collaborate further. It's got to be better than "Goodbye England's Rose" or however it went. You know, we can do something like:

It seems to me, you lived your life
Just a little too far from Tulsa.
Why din'cha relocate?
Why din'cha move there?


Go on, you know it makes sense.

In a strange twist of "weird shit" or "fate", the drummer from The Wonder Stuff died in a motorbike accident, too (Goodbye Wonder Stuff sticksman, anyone? Elton?). Marc Almond had a near-death motorbike accident a couple of years ago, and he did a song with Gene Pitney. Coincidence? I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?