Sunday, April 23, 2006

The eye of the beholder

This is Cristina Scabbia (yeah, nice name), lead singer with rock band Lacuna Coil.

She gets a lot of column inches (and, more obviously, photographs) in rock mag Kerrang!. Indeed, so often are pictures of her used to illustrate articles about her otherwise male band, that some fans are getting a bit whingey. "There are other members in the band, y'know," they write.

Cristina, seemingly, is one of the most attractive women in rock.

Below is a picture of her boyfriend, James Root, of Slipknot fame.

"Some people say love is blind. I think that's just a bit short-sighted."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He seems alright to me. She looks like hard-work tho.

23 April, 2006 12:48  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Yeah. And I suppose I can't really say too much, seeing as I opted to wear a mask for my profile pic. Fucking hypocrite.

23 April, 2006 13:25  
Blogger me said...

aren't the readers of kerrang mainly lank haired, lonley, warcraft playing males? why are these people complaining about this vision? anything has to be better than photos of lemmie, ozzie et al.
nice billy bragg quote though!
good work fella.

24 April, 2006 20:23  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Yeah, weird isn't it? You'd think they'd be happy about it...

Motorhead, Sabbath, Slipknot: not exactly pin-up material surely?

24 April, 2006 20:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?