Tuesday, April 18, 2006

At the risk of sounding like a moron...

... I don't really "do" news and politics much.

Not just in the blogging sense, but in general. Sure I watch the news once, maybe twice, a day. And yes, I pay some attention when things are being said that might affect me or mine directly. And, of course, there are certain stories that shock me as much as they shock the next person.

But for all that, there is one current news-cum-politics story that really doesn't seem to be getting the attention it deserves. Not even English Ranter has set his sights on this one yet, and I can't figure out why.

It's the story of the Chinese government sanctioning the demolition of the homes of thousands of its people in order to make way for more expensive, modern, greater-capacity buildings. I think this is really quite appalling.

Surely it's at times like these that someone should step in and say, "Yo, China, enough already"? Or at the very least threaten to take away the 2008 Olympics, which seems to be the reason for all of this in the first place.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanna know why no one is talking about the Chinese? We're all too busy talking about this:


18 April 2006
Cruise to eat nutritious placenta
Hollywood actor and Scientologist Tom Cruise is planning to eat Katie Holmes' placenta.

Cruise told GQ magazine: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there."

Ew.

18 April, 2006 13:30  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Respect the cock. Tame the cunt. That Cruise, eh. He's a wag.

18 April, 2006 14:11  
Blogger Camie Vog said...

it is called "imminent domain" where I live...sounds nicer than "we are here to forcefully take your land/property/primary residence, since we can use it more productively than you, you poor bastard...so get out".

this Tom Cruise stuff is creepy. Wouldn't eating the placenta be cannabalism? Would he eat the placenta from a pig? I doubt it... No, instead he dines on Katie's DNA with a nice chianti and fava beans...nice. Next thing you know, he'll begin hormone injections so he, too, can breast feed this poor kid...

18 April, 2006 14:20  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Tom's kinda lost the plot, I think. As to whether it's cannibalism... I don't know. All I know is it's icky. I guess people do eat placenta of other animals. Maybe. I mean, they eat everything else. I just don't know what to think anymore.

"Imminent domain" sounds lovely, though, doesn't it? Dreamy and peaceful, like.

18 April, 2006 15:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is tha custom of many peoples 2 eat tha placenta mostly thay r people from countrys that dont even rate as 3rd world, mabe o 8th world which includes most of africa i have 2 go hurl now at tha thot of it...

19 April, 2006 07:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?