Friday, March 31, 2006

Weird name stuff

Strange... when I set up this blog I called it A Blog About Nowt because I thought that, by and large, it would be about nothing much. In truth, though, it’s less about nothing much and more about nothing in particular – but that’s by the by.

When referring to myself within the text of an entry it seems to make sense to refer to myself as Nowt, as though I am the Nowt of the blog’s title.

And yet, when I set up my profile, I opted for a symbol (just like Prince!) rather than reveal my real name. This was because if anyone ever were to find themselves here and they knew me, it might be embarrassing to find me bitching and whingeing about them. So I just selected the asterisk for no real reason.

The strange thing is the paradox: I’m both a nothing and a star by name. Guess it just shows how little thought I put into it in the first place, and how much thought (i.e. too much) I’m putting into it now.


Listening to: LIFTED or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground, by Bright Eyes

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?