Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Venezia

Wife took me to Venice last week (early March '06). The trip was a birthday present; isn’t Wife good to me? And what a great city. It doesn’t matter how many times you’ve seen it in films or on TV, nothing can compare to the reality. I’ve been to a bunch of the big, well-known Italian cities now, and I think this one is my favourite. It’s just so great having no traffic around: no cars, motorbikes, or cycles are allowed, and we didn’t see any skateboards either. I saw one person on rollerblades, but she was going at a walking pace. It just seems like such a laid-back place. And I love that the drinking culture is one of alcohol, rather than the coffee-supping of most of Italy. Taking a break from shopping or their working day, the locals grab a glass of wine at a bar/café and then go back about their business. I suppose in part that is due to not having to worry about drink-driving. I’m sure I’ll post some pics soon. I just needed to write some stuff down, cos the more you get back into the swing of work and stuff, the harder it gets to recall how fab it is to have a holiday. But we must never forget, and we must always take time off from our boring 9-to-5s, even if it’s just a long weekend or so.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger * (asterisk) said...

These two images are both from the same photo, just cropped differently. Amazing how they look so different... Just thought I'd say that!

11 May, 2006 19:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?