Monday, March 20, 2006

American Idol

I like American Idol. However, the songs they sing on the show are invariably incredibly bad – largely because Americans are so hung up on R&B and Country. We are thankfully spared such inanities most of the time in our own UK-based Pop Idol, X Factor, and the like. But last week American Idol sunk to a new low: the music of Stevie Wonder. Am I the only person in the world who sees no value in this man’s work? It is so god-awful; to me, he’s a washed-up talentless hack. All we can do is take it in our stride and patiently await the shows that feature the music of My Chemical Romance, Trivium, and Arch Enemy – especially if they spend as much time trying to capture the subtle nuances of Arch Enemy’s Angela Gossow’s vocal stylings as they do those of Mariah Carey and the other squawking, vibrato-ridden buffoons that pass as pop stars these days.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me?